DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Birds eye view of a Tibetan Monastery

MPone

Reactions
Shot in HLG format with HLG Lut applied for air footage; Ground shots by OsmoPocket in D-cinelike format with Osmo101 Lut.

Labrang Monastery is one of the six great monasteries of the Gelug school of Tibetan Buddhism. A propitious place in the hearts of the Tibetans, it stands by the Daxia River and faces the Dragon Mountain. The monastery is renowned for its rich Tibetan culture, imposing Buddhist structures, unique Tibetan food, and the long corridor of prayer wheels. With its succession of squeaking prayer wheels (almost 2 miles in total), hawks circling overhead and the throb of Tibetan longhorns resonating from the surrounding hills, Labrang is a monastery town unto itself. In addition to the chapels, residences, golden roofed temple halls and living quarters for the monks, Labrang teaches esoteric Buddhism, theology, medicine, astrology and law.

Last edited:
Wish I’d had my M1P in 2012 for Nepal and Bhutan.
The monasteries were magnificent, more like impenetrable fortresses.
We were booked to go to Lhasa by road from Nepal, but switched to Bhutan due to the Chinese govco blocking access to visitors at the time.
I expect you were cautious about flying in Chinese claimed territory ?
Was it possible to obtain whatever authority was needed for Tibet flights ?
We were not allowed to film or photograph inside the magnificent temples themselves, Tibetian monasteries may be more relaxed.
Thanks for posting, brought back some good memories of our 7 weeks in the region.

Reactions: MPone
Wish I’d had my M1P in 2012 for Nepal and Bhutan.
The monasteries were magnificent, more like impenetrable fortresses.
We were booked to go to Lhasa by road from Nepal, but switched to Bhutan due to the Chinese govco blocking access to visitors at the time.
I expect you were cautious about flying in Chinese claimed territory ?
Was it possible to obtain whatever authority was needed for Tibet flights ?
We were not allowed to film or photograph inside the magnificent temples themselves, Tibetian monasteries may be more relaxed.
Thanks for posting, brought back some good memories of our 7 weeks in the region.

I always have to find a hidden location to fly. Most places forbids drone flights. Regardless of weight/size of drones. Even when there're no drone signage.
I have to register with the CAA like the FAA here.
Photography is forbidden inside the temples. I took a risk capturing some frames with my OsmoP.

So well done! "Esoteric", my cup of tea! Thanks for posting this.

Masterful photography in air and on land. Good balance between over view and detail. And so with scenery and human activity. Enjoyed greatly.

Enjoyed your video very much. Thanks for posting.
Think it may have been allot better if you had flown at a much slower speed though.
I try to keep my videos below 5 minutes as they tend to become a little boring after a while.

Awesomizing video!

Enjoyed your video very much. Thanks for posting.
Think it may have been allot better if you had flown at a much slower speed though.
I try to keep my videos below 5 minutes as they tend to become a little boring after a while.

Appreciate your comments.

I realize the fact to keep it short but sometimes there's just too much to show. I've seen some folks here post their whole 2 weeks of vacation in 4 mins. Don't you think we miss a lot?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb