DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Zoom Black bear hunting for fish and finding a tasty treat

blackomega

Reactions
My first wildlife video.
Before anyone asks, it's a bad idea to get near wildlife, even with a drone. This video was done with a lot of optical and digital zoom, and the drone was always a hundred meters or more away from the bear.

Very well done. Your opening to the video is AWESOME!

For those who say ,"Don't get to close to wildlife" this bear never even looked up at the drone so this was not bothering the bear in the least.

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
Very well done. Your opening to the video is AWESOME!

For those who say ,"Don't get to close to wildlife" this bear never even looked up at the drone so this was not bothering the bear in the least.
Thanks for watching

Great video! Fun to watch this bear going about his activities of daily living.

Agreed that distance per se isn't the question, but whether or not we are causing the animal stress. This bear is clearly not bothered at all.

I agree but there is always somebody from the Internet Drone Police[emoji1986]
That like to comment

I agree but there is always somebody from the Internet Drone Police[emoji1986]
That like to comment

I'll admit I'm one of those "Drone Police". I would definitely call someone out for doing something that is altering the normal activities of the wildlife but your video was in no way bothering that bear. Well done :)

Reactions: MurMan
Awesome job getting such clear video with all that zoom! That bear is well-fed, since he just ate the choice parts of the fish and left the rest - a good sign. And it was neat to see the footprints along a well-traveled bear path by the water.

Reactions: blackomega
Awesome job getting such clear video with all that zoom! That bear is well-fed, since he just ate the choice parts of the fish and left the rest - a good sign. And it was neat to see the footprints along a well-traveled bear path by the water.
I loved your video. Well done.

My first wildlife video.
Before anyone asks, it's a bad idea to get near wildlife, even with a drone. This video was done with a lot of optical and digital zoom, and the drone was always a hundred meters or more away from the bear.

Great video, this is exactly why I just purchased the M2Z, coming tomorrow. I loved my air but can't wait to fly zooming and much more quiet.

Great video, this is exactly why I just purchased the M2Z, coming tomorrow. I loved my air but can't wait to fly zooming and much more quiet.

You will not regret it. Having the zoom is a game changer. If you watch the video I show how good the zoom is. Also in tripod mode it is a quiet drone

I loved your video, especially since you respected the animal and keeping your distance by using zoom to get closer without it looking in the drones direction.

I loved your video, especially since you respected the animal and keeping your distance by using zoom to get closer without it looking in the drones direction.

Thanks for your comments. Where I live it’s a blessing to see a bear.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme