DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Black Dragon Canyon Utah

Stunning, I am glad you showed the return trip and captured the view into the canyon, wow. I find it quite amazing how smooth the walls on the outside of the bends appear to be. Is it all water erosion?

I have to ask what happened at 1:21? The focus seemed to suddenly sharpen.

Stunning, I am glad you showed the return trip and captured the view into the canyon, wow. I find it quite amazing how smooth the walls on the outside of the bends appear to be. Is it all water erosion?

I have to ask what happened at 1:21? The focus seemed to suddenly sharpen.
Thanks. The focus looks good to me at 1:21, I'm guessing youtube may have switched the resolution to 4K after buffering? I have seen that happen before. The erosion had me wondering too, had to have taken an incredible amount of water to erode through that hard rock. My guess is freeze/thaw contributed a lot as well on the upper sections as onion peel would freeze off layers, rains would smooth off sections and winds would polish it. I can testify to the winds. The canyon itself appears much narrower from within. We hiked around a mile to get to the Pictographs. Fortunately I brought along the Min 2 because the Dragon and the Shepard were quite high up on the wall (50' up or so) and the only way to get close ups is with a drone. That said I was unable to get enough satellites locked and had to video/fly using Atti/mode so the little drone was wandering around close to the walls, had to visually watch it. I've seen a lot of native American rock art but these were some of the strangest!

Last edited:
Ah it could be this MacBook, I get the impression it's wifi is s l o w.

Lovely area. Did you try lifting the shadows in post? Most of the canyons were buried in dark shadows, and it would have been nice t brighten them up a bit?

Incredible canyon to fly over!
Those were stunning flights, well executed! I had no focus problems. Everything sharp throughout. As per one commentator, I wondered if it were possible to increase the details in the shadows of the canyons which were not well seen due to the high dynamic range of the lighting. If only we had the masking abilities of Adobe Photoshop/Lightroom built into Premiere, it would be possible, But for now, masking is a clumsy procedure in video editing for me.

Congratulations on a great video.

Dale

I watched with awe as you guided your drone over that beautiful area. The drone work on this site illustrates how much variety there is in the landscapes of this world.

You don't need to mask to lift the shadows. All you need is an editor that allows you to make color corrections. Lifting shadows and changing contrast is pretty basic, although I wouldn't assume it will always make a video look better.

Thanks everyone, glad folks enjoyed the video. I use a MacBook Air for editing, probably not the best editor and my editing skills are limited for sure. Hope everyone has a great 4th of July. Happy flying!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka