DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Black Screen in Camera View After Updating DJI Fly...but Wait...There is MORE

HDrone

Premium Pilot
Reactions
So I just bought the Avata setup with Goggles 2. Very cool machine but it seems to be locked down pretty hard (Firmware/Software). It made me update all the firmware and the DJI Fly app before I could connect everything during activation and not get any errors (Remote ID Error in particular). No problem, designed that way and I want it to work as designed. So I did all that and it worked well until I updated to FLY Ver 1.9.0. First few times out no problems but now if I go into camera view in the app without connecting to the Avata/Goggles/Controller ect I get a black screen. No function except when I go back to main screen and all looks fine.

Connect it all up and it functions as it did before the update. App looks good on Kyrcera Dura-Force Pro 2 and camera view works and no connection issues at all...WTF ? Flys like it should with no other weirdness. Not a big problem just cant figure out why....

So add this to the mix..I got my Tripltek out that I haven't used for SEVERAL months and open Fly...not connected to the Avata...and sure enough the camera view is black, just like the phone.
Then I look and the Fly app is version 1.9.0. No possible way I ever updated Fly on my Tripltek... I rarely use it, and when I do I fly Litchi. How does that happen ? Is DJI over-stepping with access to our devices without our knowledge-permission ? Anyone else seeing this ? Certainly worth looking into.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada