DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Black screen issue

phildebougi

Reactions
I am starting a new post on this subject although it has already been discussed, because no solution has been brought to it.

Both my Mavic aircraft and its flight controller are on the latest firmware (V.0103900). As other persons I am also experiencing the black screen issue after a few seconds flying. This occurs when I use my Huawei Honor 5 smartphone connected to the controller; whereas I have no problem when using my Archos 101b Oxygen tablet. Both the smartphone and the tablet are using the Android 6.0 operating system.

I have downgraded the flight controller to its factory settings (trying to downgrade 2 times the aircraft firmware to its factory settings felt) the balck screen issue still continued.

I have 4 remarks:

1 The USB cable is not the origin of the problem since:

o I tried many different cables with the Honor 5 with no success,

o any cable working fine with my tablet doesn’t work with the smartphone.

2 The black screen doesn’t go to black as long as the aircraft is not taken off,
3 As far as I remember the black screen issue didn’t appear when I was operating the Mavic at its native firmware (I had bought it in April 2017) with my Huawei Honor 5 smartphone. I cannot be too affirmative on this point because I only used this smartphone a few times before I preferred to use my tablet.
4 Although I have no flight data on the screen I can operate the Mavic visually and start the RTH normally.

Given the outmost professionalism of the DJI technicians, I am surprised that they haven’t find yet a solution to this issue.

There have been quite a few people I've seen having issues with Huawei devices. One of the things I've seen that helps is in to put it in developer mode with usb debugging enable.

Thank you for this information. I have enabled the debugging (not easy since you need to click 4 times the "Advanced parameters" before you get there). Even after that, the 'blake screen' problem remains. I have seen several users mentioning they are experiencing the issue with their Iphone. If someone knows the method they have applied in case they solved their problem, I would be glade to know it.

I have just downgraded the contoller firmware and re-uploaded the last issue of this firmware. I have also removed and re-installed the GJI GO 4 app on my android smartphone and the 'blake screen issue' seems to have disappeared. Maybe this information can help other Mavic droners.

Finally after 2 successfull flights with no 'black screen', the problem returned. I have tried to uninstall/re-linstall the Dji Go 4 app but it didnt solve the problem!!

Hi
I am having the same problem
Tried resetting

Also installed on is and android but the same black screen appears

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98