DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Black Spot

Kamyk

Reactions
Hi there,

I got black spot (left top of the screen) on every pictures, movies and live view. Someone from DJI Forum told me it is dirt on the image sensor. I am trying to remove lens but stuck with front camera unplugged. Any ideas what to do next?

Link Link2

Last edited:
Reactions: abnercarvalho
Problem solved by itself.
I clean everything up, connect the camera wire and turn on mavic. Black spot dissapear.

Reactions: Paweł
I have the same problem different area on my screen, what did you do and how did you fix the problem, Thankx in advance.......

Did you disconnect the camera wire ?

I removed battery and unscrewed everything near camera, than i disconnect camera wire very carefully. I get the camera lens barrel and clear it by compressed air. Get all together and turn on mavic. Black spot vanished.

Reactions: angeloyzf
A dust speck on any camera sensor can sometimes be dislodged by sharply tapping the camera with something like a pencil.Check the exact position and if it moves slightly after a careful attempt you might get it completely out of view and with luck it will stick there.
Bear in mind the lens inverts the image and relative position of speck.

They are often held in place by static and can simply fall off when it's unused for a while.
If it's in the lens dismantling is more feasible.

Hi all! New to the forum as I only got my Mavic a couple of days ago. I am having issues with some spots showing up on my videos and pics. The positions of the spots are consistent so I know for sure they have something to do with the lens. Dirt 1.jpg dirt 2.jpg dirt 2.jpg dirt 3.jpg dirt 4.jpg I need help! I've uploaded some pictures for your review. I would really appreciate it if someone could give me a fix, or advise if I should just go ahead and get a replacement from Best Buy.

When my son first got his mavic we discovered the same issue the first day...returned to Apple Store....no questions ask ....you would think the cameras are assembled in a dust free room....guess not [emoji30]

When my son first got his mavic we discovered the same issue the first day...returned to Apple Store....no questions ask ....you would think the cameras are assembled in a dust free room....guess not [emoji30]
Thanks for the response. Did you get a replacement for the defective drone?

Reactions: newguy
Hi all! New to the forum as I only got my Mavic a couple of days ago. I am having issues with some spots showing up on my videos and pics. The positions of the spots are consistent so I know for sure they have something to do with the lens. View attachment 22823 View attachment 22824 View attachment 22824 View attachment 22825 View attachment 22826 I need help! I've uploaded some pictures for your review. I would really appreciate it if someone could give me a fix, or advise if I should just go ahead and get a replacement from Best Buy.

Did you get your problem resolved?

Good evening. I did not contact support or look for a solution. I went straight to Best Buy and had the unit exchanged :)

Reactions: newguy
Problem solved by itself.
I clean everything up, connect the camera wire and turn on mavic. Black spot dissapear.
Hi, the same is happening with me. the problem is the I live outside the country I bough the mavic and the warranty doesn't cover it here. Didi you deassemble it by your self? could you help me doing it?

Hi Guys. It is so sad to know that an equipment that is worth 6 month of wages come with such a bad defect. This is a lack of preciousness, they know this might happen, why not try it at the store as soon as you buy it? Any way, now I got this great equipment with this black spot, and I don't know what to do. is there anybody here that could help me fix it. my drone is 2 week old. I can't go to the store, sine a live abroad and the warranty, sadly doest work here.

DJI_0002.JPG
Hi Guys. It is so sad to know that an equipment that is worth 6 month of wages come with such a bad defect. This is a lack of preciousness, they know this might happen, why not try it at the store as soon as you buy it? Any way, now I got this great equipment with this black spot, and I don't know what to do. is there anybody here that could help me fix it. my drone is 2 week old. I can't go to the store, sine a live abroad and the warranty, sadly doest work here.

I had a same issue, and I did not have time to get repaired or replaced by DJI, since we are working in a project. So what we did that we open the mavic camera without opening the drone. i.e. removing the front cover of the camera by removing two screws (each on right and left side) and two small screws on the top cover panel. So removing four screws you can open the front part i.e. the camera sideways. but only thing you have to look is that do not damage the power/connector cable. Once it is removed from the gimbal detach the power connector cable by pulling the clip outward. Now you have the camera in your hand. The main reason of the black spot is the dust lying within the camera sensor from inside. To remove that dust now you have to bit the side of the camera using a metal bar or screw driver. This is for making the camera vibrate so that the dust fall off from the camera sensor. you need to repeat the task until the black spot totally removed from the camera. The only way to check the dust is moved or not you need to check by putting all the connection and re-screwing the camera back. If not totally off reopen it and vibrate again using metal road by bitting gently on the periphery of the camera. This worked successfully for me and hope it will work for you also.
MAvic Platinum Pro- Camera Removed from Gimbal
Mavic Platinum Pro Camera

Our Website: https://cesta-enterprise.business.site

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cestaenterprise
Youtube: CESTA Enterprise
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cestaenterprise
Twitter: CESTA Enterprise (@cestaenterprise) | Twitter

Thanks

Ashim dey
Co-Founder
CESTA Enterprise
Guwahati, Assam