DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Black spots on recording

Pacmann72

Reactions
New unit. After a couple recordings i noticed a blob of black near the bottom of recording

I have examined as best I could with magnifying glass and light.

There is NO mark or dirt on lens cover. There does not appear to be anything I can see on actual sensor lense.

I will post up a screen shot later. A search did not turn up anything about black spots on sensor.

Certainly not sending it back until dji has normal stock on hand

Bummer

New unit. After a couple recordings i noticed a blob of black near the bottom of recording

I have examined as best I could with magnifying glass and light.

There is NO mark or dirt on lens cover. There does not appear to be anything I can see on actual sensor lense.

I will post up a screen shot later. A search did not turn up anything about black spots on sensor.

Certainly not sending it back until dji has normal stock on hand

Bummer

I'd have to take a look at your photos to see what they look like, but most of the time, in digital photography, dark spots or small circles, especially if they're always in the same spot, is generally the result of dust on the sensor itself. It's pretty easy to clean the sensor on any of my DSLRs or Mirrorless Cameras.... I kind of doubt you can get to the sensor on the Mavic.

Lower center
f0d121d8cf.jpg
f0d1420cbd.jpg
f0d1527898.jpg
f0e158eda7.jpg

Lower center

I see the spots you're talking about and they appear very consistent. I assume you simply took pictures of your monitor or laptop screen holding up your Mavic? Those don't look like what I normally get from dust on the sensor. I am guessing, but I almost would think you have two (or more) bad photosites--the equivalent of pixels on the sensor. Anyone understand CMOS technology more than I?

Reactions: Skydog
Exact same spot on all video and photos. Really ruins nice footage.
I'm not going to try and sent it back yet. I plan on waiting until DJI has a better handle on stock

The one plus point is it will generally be in the darker land rather than taunting you from the brighter sky.
It looks like a sticky speck of dust.

One thing which sometimes works with compact cameras which can't be manually cleaned without sending in is a sharp tap to dislodge the speck from the sensor.
This would be somewhat tricky with a Mavic *but* assuming the sensor is in the camera (?), you could have the gimbal guard on and tap sharply with a pen or pencil while in various positions.

Bear in mind you'd want it to fall down not up in case it only moved a little.
AND the image on the sensor is inverted so you actually want it to fall UP if you see what I mean.
That is have the Mavic on it's back while tapping.
Most likely it will be too sticky to budge though.
With luck there will be some kind of dust trap in there and once off the sensor it won't come back.

IMG_3243.JPG IMG_3258.JPG IMG_3243.JPG Same issue with mine
Is there a simple fix for this other than sending it back?

In my case it went for repair. It was NOT dust, but a pixle issue.

Just got mine back from DJI last night. In fact they just sent a new one

Not that im aware of. In my case under magnification the pixles appeared red and blue like a bruise.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser