DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Blackmagic Design DaVinci Resolve 17 Studio with Speed Editor (Activation Card)

VenomXts

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Debating picking this up to go legit with Studio since im on 17 and want to be on 17.4 now, I like that it comes with the panel as well... Am I missing something? Was #1 on Blackmagic's online resellers so I know its safe there.

Debating picking this up to go legit with Studio since im on 17 and want to be on 17.4 now, I like that it comes with the panel as well... Am I missing something? Was #1 on Blackmagic's online resellers so I know its safe there.

I bought that package with the Speed Editor a month ago. It's a great deal. No problems at all. I've had nothing but good experiences with B&H.

Yup, got mine awhile ago from B&H. Zero issues beyond my learning curve coming from Premiere. Not that I'm ditching Premiere. They both have their forte's. I enjoy the panel although I'm running out of space. Keyboard, Wacom tablet, mouse, audio mixer controller, and Resolve panel. Getting pretty crowded.

Reactions: VenomXts
I picked this up too. No problems. I love Resolve Studio, but I haven't made as much use of the panel as I thought I would. It's really workflow specific, and has a ton of space dedicated to multicam ops. Nice quality though.

Reactions: SmilingOgre
I picked this up too. No problems. I love Resolve Studio, but I haven't made as much use of the panel as I thought I would. It's really workflow specific, and has a ton of space dedicated to multicam ops. Nice quality though.
The "multicam" buttons are really "multi-track buttons. One big advantage over the free version is that it uses your GPU for rendering, so it's much faster.

Reactions: PAW
The "multicam" buttons are really "multi-track buttons. One big advantage over the free version is that it uses your GPU for rendering, so it's much faster.
They are multi-cam buttons, as they're labeled Cam 1 through 9. Regardless, I'm not really needing to switch frequently between multiple cams or tracks, so a major portion of the panel is irrelevant to me. But that's just the nature of a hardware solution like this.

They are multi-cam buttons, as they're labeled Cam 1 through 9. Regardless, I'm not really needing to switch frequently between multiple cams or tracks, so a major portion of the panel is irrelevant to me. But that's just the nature of a hardware solution like this.
You should learn to use some of the various built in features, then, like close up. Then you'd know why multi-track editing can add interest to your video. You don't need separate cameras to have multi-track video, and see how the labels on the editor are only guides.

I got the studio + speed editor bundle when it first came out and I actually use the speed editor quite a bit. Not so much for drone videos but all the time for other content.

I bought the studio/speed editor bundle last week (in Finland). Naturally, the speed editor was no longer "free", but outside the main carton was an introductory leaflet with a note "Includes Fusion Studio". I don't know if Fusion Studio was alaways included or if it was formerly a paid add-on and now free.

I've been a Pinnacle Studio user for 15+ years, after an early version came bundled with one of my old computers. I've bought 5 updates for it, for about 400€ total, which is about equal to what I paid for the studio/speed editor bundle. After a couple of hours of practice with the speed editor and davinci's cut page, I could make accurate cuts and splices faster than I could with my older software, despite my 15+ years with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: SmilingOgre
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000