DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

blinking led on belly/night time flights

MavicMiniMusso

Reactions
I bought a one inch by one inch strobing LED that is USB chargeable and visible as far as i can take my MINI. I Installed it wit 3mm Velcro tape for easy install and uninstall for flight and packing up. It makes it easier to see where the drone is in the sky, and also makes for a really cool affect at night. as a side note, i took the drone out to the coast away from city light and flew it in complete darkness. The powerful led lights up the ground making for easy recognition of distance and relative height without looking down at your screen and ruining your night vision.

Strobe sounds good! Thanks....but is there any reason to fly at night without looking at the screen?

Strobe sounds good! Thanks....but is there any reason to fly at night without looking at the screen?
You might want lights to find it in the sky for landing, or to comply with night time visibility requirements, for you and other aircraft to see it.

Reactions: hiflyer201
that wasn't what I meant..the poster said that you didn't have to look at the screen and destroy your night vision. I only fly at night to take pictures and you have to look at the screen for that ...don't you?
As an active licensed flight instructor since 1967..I'm aware of night lighting requirements along with a few facts about the cone's and rods in the peepers. For starters it takes 15 minutes to get minimum night vision and 45 minutes fully regain it. I've been preaching it forever...I guess is why I had to explain myself.

that wasn't what I meant..the poster said that you didn't have to look at the screen and destroy your night vision. I only fly at night to take pictures and you have to look at the screen for that ...don't you?
As an active licensed flight instructor since 1967..I'm aware of night lighting requirements along with a few facts about the cone's and rods in the peepers. For starters it takes 15 minutes to get minimum night vision and 45 minutes fully regain it. I've been preaching it forever...I guess is why I had to explain myself.
I guess some people take VLOS seriously and like to fly for fun at night, and don't use the screen for composition. As someone who lost an M2P in the ocean in the VLOS disorientation at night, while turning off all the flight telemetry on the screen, so as not to night blind myself, while trying to video bioluminescence in the surf, it was a definite mistake! :oops:

Reactions: TreeHugger
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tariqstudio