DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Charging Batteries

Thanev

Reactions
I am looking to use an aftermarket charger like this:Screenshot_20201126-201305_Amazon Shopping.jpg
I really dislike waiting long periods to charge my batteries with the stock charger.
Has anyone noticed battery failures with these non-oem types of chargers?

I am looking to use an aftermarket charger like this:View attachment 117932
I really dislike waiting long periods to charge my batteries with the stock charger.
Has anyone noticed battery failures with these non-oem types of chargers?
I have used a Yx charger on 4 different DJI models for about 5 years..."0" issues :) They had some issues with not having a case ground when they first came out (Doesn't hurt anything) and they left the leads long back then too on components and some reported case shorts and charger blowing ...no battery issue.

But they addressed that 5 years ago and are making quality products from about 200 reports that I have read through the years.

have a similar device to charge my MPP batteries and one for my MM both work fine with no issues ,the only thing i do ,is in very hot weather when the inside temp is high ,is i have a small desk fan blowing over the chargers to dissipate heat build up ,not just in the charger but also the batteries

Reactions: THE CYBORG
have a similar device to charge my MPP batteries and one for my MM both work fine with no issues ,the only thing i do ,is in very hot weather when the inside temp is high ,is i have a small desk fan blowing over the chargers to dissipate heat build up ,not just in the charger but also the batteries
Never thought of a fan for the batteries, My charger has a fan but I have a laptop cooler so I will try that plugged into the USB on the charger & place the batteries on that.

Reactions: old man mavic
Never thought of a fan for the batteries, My charger has a fan but I have a laptop cooler so I will try that plugged into the USB on the charger & place the batteries on that.
my MPP charger has a small fan as well, but the one for the MM doesn't ,also its more to do with the temperature of the air in the room where the batteries are being charged ,the air movement from the fan helps to keep the overall heat from the batteries and charger quite a lot cooler ,its just like when you are doing a software up date with the drone turned on i use a fan to help keep it cool ,as there is not much airflow over or through it when its just sitting

Reactions: THE CYBORG
I thought this article was about bloated batteries?
the OP was asking if the charger he pictured was ok to use and would not make his batteries swell ,well thats how i read it

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom