DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Blocking Out a Freeway 4k

Nice song! Nice video work. I like the blurry, 'small village' look in some of the scenes. Man, you freaking nailed it! Where is that located?

not trying to be a spoil sport, but i thought you are not supposed to fly over freeways.
video production is great, just dont know about the location bit.

not trying to be a spoil sport, but i thought you are not supposed to fly over freeways.
video production is great, just dont know about the location bit.
Always one

Reactions: dbo
Thanks Joe.

I wrote and recorded the song with my Band. The video was done entirely on Mavic Air.
Awesome. The music really helped. And it wasn't the usual Mission Impossible style soundtrack while flying over a peaceful duck pond drone video.

Mike

It's called the "tilt-shift effect". Though not made specifically for the Mavic, here's a good tutorial on how to achieve that effect in post-production (you can't do it with an actual tilt-shift lens on the Mavic).

Thanks, that looks like something I could do in post. Really like that effect.

Mike

It's called the "tilt-shift effect". Though not made specifically for the Mavic, here's a good tutorial on how to achieve that effect in post-production (you can't do it with an actual tilt-shift lens on the Mavic).

Personally I think the tilt shift footage in that guide looks fake and the blur thresholds are unnatural and forced it should look like this.

Obviously this is a real tilt lens. I recommend anyone interested in that should download da Vinci resolve free it has a built in tilt shift plugin.

Obviously this is a real tilt lens. I recommend anyone interested in that should download da Vinci resolve free it has a built in tilt shift plugin.

All the programs have plug-ins/presets freely available on the web to quickly get the effect. Below is a free one for Premiere Pro.

Attachments

• TiltShift.zip
    4.5 KB · Views: 1
Yah I know all NLEs have built in tiltshift plugins. Unfortunately most of them are terrible. Including the Final cut X built in Focus. I use Final Cut X but I round trip the footage for tiltshift to Davinci. Shrinkray from red giant is quite good too. Is that plugin the one from "Tiltshift King" ?

Cool, thanks :)
I'll check it out :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929