DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Blooming sensors!!!

NickB

Reactions
Keep getting false OA warnings due to the sun....was annoying me for around 10 flights or so and then then i had this amazing brainwave :D

I turned them off lol

I never had them on my my F550 for 3 years and never crashed so what the hell, they are off now ;)

I guess they are very useful to new pilots but they were getting on my nerves.

Anyone else not bother with them?

I don't use them anymore either. I want the efficient 50km/h speed at full stick as well. Good not having to worry about RTH into the sun in case of signal loss either.

I haven't turned them off yet as I sometimes fly up towards objects. I have prop guards on, but my OA has never been a hinderance for me, so I never shut them off. The 50 kph on no sport mode may be a reason though.

You can leave the radar thing on, it will then beep at you if triggered but not stop.
To stop the beeping you have to briefly let go of sticks though.
It happens a lot as best time to fly is often near sunset - lighter wind and nice light.

With OA on, the forward speed is reduced too so for most best turned off unless you are doing something rather risky.

Yep I also have it turned off. Very helpful especially when capturing the golden hour light.

To stop the beeping you have to briefly let go of sticks though.
It happens a lot as best time to fly is often near sunset - lighter wind and nice light.
Thanks for the tip! That bleeping is really annoying and I usually end up switching to sport mode and back to make it stop.

I've got them always off unless I actually want the more precise control of the 35km/h limit it switches to.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000