DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Blown away by tracking on the Mavic.

doccy

Reactions
Just did some test flights with the tracking - mixture of trace and profile. Few bugs to iron out - but overall I am blown away.

Was just getting some test footage before my ND filters came in so not the best settings... but i liked the look of it so much i did a quick edit anyway.

Only behaviour I wasn't sure about was very fast pans across my line of sight when in profile mode that you can see towards the end of the video. They look cool and all - but would be very scary and likely to crash if done anywhere near buildings or trees!

Not totally sure why it behaved as it did in those sections - should have been able to pull back and keep me in shot without me coming under it?

Anyway - what a piece of technology!

Last edited:
I agree, very exciting technology! I was trying out auto tracking spotlight a few hours ago on myself and even though I didn't realize just how ugly I am, it was awe inspiring how well it worked.

Really, really nice..And dang...that looked like a great ride....footage was terrific..music was good...great job by you AND the MavicPro....

wow , great shots !!

Which mode did you use towards the end of the video ?
Thanks mate.

Was in profile track mode. As I said though - me coming towards it slightly seemed to make it panic and swoop round in a cinematic way... but not intentionally.

I like the effect - but obstacle avoidance is off in that mode - so beware if you are using it!

Thanks mate.

Was in profile track mode. As I said though - me coming towards it slightly seemed to make it panic and swoop round in a cinematic way... but not intentionally.

I like the effect - but obstacle avoidance is off in that mode - so beware if you are using it!

Thanks for the info ! I will use it carefully !

I'm also really happy with the AT functionality. Took this video on my first 2 rides.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000