DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Blue bar in DNG-files - portrait mode

Magne Håheim

Reactions
Hi!

I'm a new Mavic pilot, and I'm experiencing great results, especially for video. I just bumped into a problem with DNG-files in portrait mode. I've godt a blue bar of some kind down in the bottom of the picture. Is there a way to rescue my photographs, or are they lost forever?

Anyone that has seen this problem before?

Best regards, Magne

Attachments

• DJI_0005.jpg
    DJI_0005.jpg
    985.6 KB · Views: 26
Hi!

I'm a new Mavic pilot, and I'm experiencing great results, especially for video. I just bumped into a problem with DNG-files in portrait mode. I've godt a blue bar of some kind down in the bottom of the picture. Is there a way to rescue my photographs, or are they lost forever?

Anyone that has seen this problem before?

I don't see it in the attached photo. Is it supposed to be there too?

It's evident enough, roughly the bottom quarter has a strong blue cast.
I have seen posts about this before but don't recall the outcome.

Are you on latest firmware?
Since Video is fine it seems unlikely the camera itself has a problem.
Maybe try an alternative fast SD card.
Writing RAW files is actually more demanding than video.

There are several posts showing a red bar which is taking up 1/3 to 1/2 of the screen.

You might test jpg and raw just to see if both write the same color error. If it only happens in portrait mode you might have a camera problem and need a replacement.

You might try a camera reset, different card and card reader. Also before you turn off the drone look at the viewer to see if you see the blue bar on the images. The viewer is only going to show a jpg image even if you only have raw selected. It’s showing an embedded jpg.

After a camera reset, Take it up. Shoot a series in landscape mode then rotate the camera to portrait and see if you again get the blue bar. I would take 10 to 25 stills in each camera position. If you are still seeing the blue bar only in portrait mode it’s probably the camera or a connection.

You also might consider a firmware refresh via the DJI assistant.

Paul Caldwell

Thanks guys! I have limited time and internet connections det next week, but I will update my firmware and try your suggestions!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000