DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Blue Restrictions

josecarlosss

Reactions
Can i ask something?
I will be near York, but the whole area is with blue restrictions. If i fly max to 6-10 meters, do you believe is an issue??

Thanks

Hi, within the two 'blue' notifications you have Lemming ATZ and Topcliffe ATZ so the usual restrictions apply

The blue around both sites indicate that there will be an air display.

I would contact the nearest ATZ where you intend to fly and seek permission. Screenshot_20191002_123814_uk.co.nats.droneassist.jpeg

So my point of interest is the point with the pink arrow. This is the blue restriction you said, right??
And how can i take permission? Can i email them or there is a specific application i need to do?

Thank you for your answer.
IMG_20191002_130731_499.jpg

So my point of interest is the point with the pink arrow. This is the blue restriction you said, right??
And how can i take permission? Can i email them or there is a specific application i need to do?

Thank you for your answer.
View attachment 82820
Ok i see your using AirMap which is okay but I find it more USA based, try using Drone Assist by NATs which is UK based.

Using NATs (also checking via commercial software) it looks okay to fly.. Screenshot_20191002_181730_uk.co.nats.droneassist.jpegScreenshot_20191002_182721.jpeg

Ok i see your using AirMap which is okay but I find it more USA based, try using Drone Assist by NATs which is UK based.

Using NATs (also checking via commercial software) it looks okay to fly.. View attachment 82835View attachment 82836
Ah i cannot install Drone Assist by NATs on my phone, its not compatible and i have android 8, weird .

Do you believe that it 's a high risk to fly about max 10 meters?
It looks like that i will be more than 8 miles from Raf's airport.

Last edited:
Hi, yep you should be fine.. As a quick reference aid regarding NOTAMS you can use a this on-line resource

Ah i cannot install Drone Assist by NATs on my phone, its not compatible and i have android 10, weird .

Do you believe that it 's a high risk to fly about max 10 meters?
It looks like that i will be more than 8 miles from Raf's airport.

By the looks of it, it’s not a blue zone or anything. You would be safe to fly higher, if I’m reading this correctly.

Reactions: dtp