DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Blurry pictures after mapping mission

jaja6009

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I have a Mavic 2 Enterprise Zoom (I was not sure if I should post here or in the dedicated Enterprise section). I have tried 2 times now to use the Mission Flight software to try to get some images for a 2D map. Both times the pictures came out blurry. Other pictures and videos shot the same day and in between the mapping missions come out great so I know its something with my settings on Mission Flight. I tried slowing down the drone from 10m/s to 1m/s and they were still blurry. Any suggestions? Its embarrassing as my backup Parrot Anafi runs the same grid on Pix4D Capture at its highest speed and the pictures come out great.

1570929002826.png
File info on the JPEG - 1/640 Shutter Speed, f/2.8 4.386mm ISO 110 taken from 30 meter height and a 1 m/s speed.

Keep in mind I know the bare minimum about camera settings, but I am learning as we speak.

I have a Mavic 2 Enterprise Zoom (I was not sure if I should post here or in the dedicated Enterprise section). I have tried 2 times now to use the Mission Flight software to try to get some images for a 2D map. Both times the pictures came out blurry. Other pictures and videos shot the same day and in between the mapping missions come out great so I know its something with my settings on Mission Flight. I tried slowing down the drone from 10m/s to 1m/s and they were still blurry. Any suggestions? Its embarrassing as my backup Parrot Anafi runs the same grid on Pix4D Capture at its highest speed and the pictures come out great.

View attachment 83460
File info on the JPEG - 1/640 Shutter Speed, f/2.8 4.386mm ISO 110 taken from 30 meter height and a 1 m/s speed.

Keep in mind I know the bare minimum about camera settings, but I am learning as we speak.
Here’s a neat trick with Pix4DCapture. It’s just a waypoint mission so you can start the mission then pause it and open DJI Go 4. You can then focus the camera on some far off object!and then switch to manual focus.

Close DJI Go 4 and go back to pix4Dcapture and resume the mission. Now you have infinity focus locked in and everything will be in focus!

Your shutter speed is fast enough there that you could go any speed and still get sharp photos.

I prefer DroneDeploy because, among other things, it has an option to set focus and exposure in DJI Go 4 so you can do this before the mission and it won’t change your camera settings. Pix4DCapture sets camera settings at the beginning of the mission so you have to reset them after the mission starts like I said above

View attachment 83460

Is it possible to put up 2 photos one from Mavic and one from Anafi for a side to side comparison?

This is a 2D Map that I've developed through pix4D using Mavic2Zoom. Flight Altitude 250 feet, speed 14 ft/sec and flown a 2D Grid Mission, 80% overlap and Camera Angle 90 Degrees

I think clarity seems to be OK at my end.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 38
This one is of Mavic2Pro, Altitude 450 ft, flight speed 14 ft/s, 80% overlap, 2D Grid Mission.

Attachments

• M2P.png
    M2P.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 32
Wow, the M2P's blows the zoom away from the photos standpoint. So I guess you would like to see the quality of the Pros photo in a photo shot with the Zoom?. Is it possible?

I want to use Pix4D capture, but I use a Smart Controller with my M2E and Capture says the Smart Controller is not supported. I have to use the DJI Pilot for my drone and the associated Mission Flight software unfortunately.

Okay here are 2 similar pictures from different days though. Yesterday I used the Mavic for Nadir 2d mapping and the Anafi for oblique 3D modeling so I have no yesterday Anafi pics. But here is a similar pic from a similar height.

forum1.jpg

Settings Mavic Anafi
Shutter 1/500 1/60
Aperture 2.8 4.386 2.4 4mm
ISO 100 153

Both with camera on Auto and Nadir

Mavic was also on AFC mode

Crazy thing is I took other photos on that mission and they were not Nadir and came out pretty good. I know this is more of a "its not you, its me thing" in regards to me not knowing how to use this camera to its potential. It seems like this is a blurry focus issue or maybe even the aperture needs to be F16 but as I said I am just learning all of these cool camera settings and there is gonna be a ton of trial and error.

So far thanks for the help and Khurrum that quality between the Pro and Zoom in your examples is drastic. I regret more and more that I didn't just get the Pro.

Reactions: Khurrum
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biggej