DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bolarque Lake and Surroundings - Spain

eutx9795

Reactions

The mountains that make up the Sierra de Altomira at Guadalajara (Spain), are gentle, but they are built on the páramos, the groves, the plains and the wide agrarian extensions that shape a landscape between two of the most iconographic and literary places of the peninsula: La Alcarria and The Stain.

Here you can get to feel the imposing grandeur and solitude of its mountains, hollows and ravines as in the inhospitable places of this mountain range. Inhospitable by their solitude, lack of towns and roads, despite their lower altitudes, but higher slopes, so abrupt, that skips, from Almonacid de Zorita to the Sanctuary of the Virgin of Altomira, from 805 meters of altitude to more than 1,200, in little more than two kilometers. When descending from the Sanctuary to the lake of Bolarque it is contemplated to the S.E. an impressive horizon of mountains and ravines, like the Ravine of the end of the world, in which man feels like a pygmy because of his insignificance.

It is not difficult to get there, although the traveler who goes to find this "little paradise" hidden in the sierra alcarreña must navigate winding roads next to respectable ravines. In the direction of Albalate de Zorita (past the town of the Princess of Éboli, Pastrana), you must reach this town, where the signs will follow pointing to "Lake Bolarque", where the Tajo and Guadiela merge, is one of the so-called "Mares de Castilla", the Bolarque Beach, formed in the Bolarque reservoir in Guadalajara.

Reactions: JDawg
That is some beautiful country and a great ending.

Yes, I'm lucky of to live in this beautiful country.
Thanks for comment!!

Reminds me so much of the American Southwest. I really enjoyed your video.
Nice you have enjoyed it. I don't know the American Southwest so I cannot comment about it.
Thanks for your comment!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580