DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Borderlands | A visual ode to Southern New Mexico (feedback appreciated)

I thought the video was very well done but I take issue with the message of the poem. I found it disturbing.

Nicely done. I will be spending the month of March in Las Cruces. Would love to fly around the Organ Mts but too close to White Sands. Looks like you were west of town. Great work!

This really was beautifully done! You created the proper mood with the music selection, the poem, and the sub]ject, all setting the scene . Loved this work.

Dale

Beautiful cinematography, pleasant narration, environmental sounds fit nicely. On a merely personal perspective, I have never been a fan of including the creator seen in the imagery. Especially in your example where you show the landing pad and have the controller visibly in your hands. I feel it’s akin to breaking the “3rd wall” in a movie. To me it makes even a beautiful presentation like this amateurish (IMHO). Again, this is all a matter of opinion. Otherwise it was a very professional and lovely offering!

Reactions: PixelMagic

Nice video, good editing and nice clips. However, you could improve the video in the following ways:

- There is a lack of a common colour scheme throughout the video: some scenes tend to green, some to red, some to yellow. For example, and very easy to see: the first scene the clouds/fog is greenish but in the second scene, they start to be white and red predominates on the ground, then in the third scene, greenish, ... the same happens with the white balance.
- Don't saturate the colours so much and make them more real, for example, in 0:29 they are totally unrealistic.
- Lack of better stabilisation in many scenes, e.g. at 2:18.
- Stuttering in some scenes, probably due to not recording at the right fps.
- Some noise reduction would do the video a lot of good.

I hope this will help you in future videos

Very nice! Thanks for sharing

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo