DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bought a used M2Z, inspected the batteries

peterf

Reactions
And glad I did. The one on the right looks like somebody scraped off the gray sticker with a pocket knife. I assume this is supposed to be some kind of emergency valve. No idea what would compel someone to do this. I looked at the manual and the battery page shows the bare vent with no sticker, but I assume that's just a case of the 3D model they used for the illustration not having it. Every photo I see online has the sticker.

The labels on the two batteries have some slight differences in things like font and arrangement, I assume this can simply be down to the difference betwene production dates. However the label on the battery with the exposed vent also looks to be ever so subtly puffed, so I don't see myself attempting to fly with it.

I'm not necessarily asking for help, I'll cut my losses and replace this battery with a new one, just thought I'd share my findings. At least the other battery is much newer and seems to be completely unused with 0 charge cycles.

PXL_20210316_095630744.jpg
PXL_20210316_095655878.jpg
PXL_20210316_095850039.jpg
PXL_20210316_100331835.jpg
PXL_20210316_100417711.jpg

They might have scraped it off trying to get the swelling down.
No telling how it would look when it had been ran down and hot ?‍♂️

Reactions: peterf
And glad I did. The one on the right looks like somebody scraped off the gray sticker with a pocket knife. I assume this is supposed to be some kind of emergency valve. No idea what would compel someone to do this. I looked at the manual and the battery page shows the bare vent with no sticker, but I assume that's just a case of the 3D model they used for the illustration not having it. Every photo I see online has the sticker.

The labels on the two batteries have some slight differences in things like font and arrangement, I assume this can simply be down to the difference betwene production dates. However the label on the battery with the exposed vent also looks to be ever so subtly puffed, so I don't see myself attempting to fly with it.

I'm not necessarily asking for help, I'll cut my losses and replace this battery with a new one, just thought I'd share my findings. At least the other battery is much newer and seems to be completely unused with 0 charge cycles.

View attachment 125784
View attachment 125785
View attachment 125786
View attachment 125787
View attachment 125788
You could use one of these to hold that battery in while flying low and close to you so you can get an idea of how much that battery is going to swell. I use one similar, that hangs my Rylo 360 beneath the drone and holds the one battery that I have that swells some, in place. Amazon.com: Ping.Feng for DJI Drone Connection Camera Adapter for DJI Mavic 2 Pro / 2 Zoom Connector Mount for OSMO Action for Insta360 ONE X Panorama Camera Camera Stand: Electronics

At this point, I would be more concerned with the SoC level these batteries were 'stored' at. They are definitely from different production batches (which may be a good thing), but you really won't know their health until you run a couple of cycles on them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters