DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bought new Mavic Pro in NFZ

GT80

Reactions
Just an FYI. I bought a new Mavic Pro last week and turns out my house is in a NFZ so I can't even take off. My friend had a P4P that he flew at my house and got me hooked but apparently he was running older firmware and I had no idea I would have this issue. So after spending all this money I have a brick (at my house). I downgraded the firmware to .400 using DUMLdore and was able to fly, but for some reason this rendered the vision sensors inoperable. I searched high and low and tried everything I could to get the sensors operable to no avail. I was ok flying without this feature but I preferred to have it, so I finally "re-upgraded" to the latest firmware and voila, everything works perfectly. I can still fly in other areas and I have a second home in an unrestricted area where I will be doing the majority of my flying, but it would be nice to be able to downgrade and still have the VPS work at my other home in the "restricted" area.

Why wouldn't DJI just limit the height in these restricted areas rather than render the drone completely inoperable? Makes no sense.

I have no problem anywhere in Hartwell flying my Platinum. Latest firmware for everything. Ipad 2017 edition.

Just an FYI. I bought a new Mavic Pro last week and turns out my house is in a NFZ so I can't even take off. My friend had a P4P that he flew at my house and got me hooked but apparently he was running older firmware and I had no idea I would have this issue. So after spending all this money I have a brick (at my house). I downgraded the firmware to .400 using DUMLdore and was able to fly, but for some reason this rendered the vision sensors inoperable. I searched high and low and tried everything I could to get the sensors operable to no avail. I was ok flying without this feature but I preferred to have it, so I finally "re-upgraded" to the latest firmware and voila, everything works perfectly. I can still fly in other areas and I have a second home in an unrestricted area where I will be doing the majority of my flying, but it would be nice to be able to downgrade and still have the VPS work at my other home in the "restricted" area.

Why wouldn't DJI just limit the height in these restricted areas rather than render the drone completely inoperable? Makes no sense.

So, do tell me why you're flying in a NFZ.

So, do tell me why you're flying in a NFZ.

Do tell me why you ask this question. If you're questioning my judgement I must say I really don't feel obligated to answer to you after I have already talked to tower.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aumoe
I have no problem anywhere in Hartwell flying my Platinum. Latest firmware for everything. Ipad 2017 edition.
Jordak, I can fly no problem in Hartwell. Greenville is where DJI restricts me.

Just up the road then. I am helping a guy some now and fly at the Mega ramps a lot lately where there is plenty of room.

I wouldn't think it's a massive issue, apart from learning to fly most of your flying will be away from home.
Why is it a NFZ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica