DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bought one refurbished

Fort Pierce Pilot

Turning downwind and climbing
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Got the bug with a Amcrest toy flier. No GPS and challenging to fly in any wind. Learned some valuable lessons cheaply and then bought a Mavic Mini. Love the Mini but wind is its enemy. I wanted something to add to the mix with a bit more comfort at longer distances, mild wind, and in potential wi-fi interference areas. Looked at the 2 Pro but with the new Autel EVO II out I suspect I will want a Mavic 3. So, I bought a refurbished MPP from Camrise on E-Bay. $939 with 3 batts (fly-more package) Luv to hear what others think of the price. I read both good & bad about Camrise but took the deal. I looked at used units but the difference was small compared to the comfort of a warranty. I think I can get Care Refresh - I'll let you know after it arrives. Any thoughts on this plan?

Reactions: Paulf10 and Mrmund
I got a MP new for $625 with one battery. New batteries are about $75 each it would have been $775 with three batteries.

Based on what I've read the differences between the MP and MPP are...
  • The maximum flight time of the Mavic Pro Platinum is extended to 30 minutes (from 27 minutes for the MP) and the maximum hovering time is 27 minutes.
  • The decibel level is reduced by 4 dB (60% noise power reduction) when it is within 1 m from the aircraft.
  • The Mavic Pro Platinum inherits all the functions of the Mavic Pro.

if my experiences with my MPP are anything to go by, you will be very pleased with your purchase,please do download the online manual,and find out all the great things it does

2edgesword - sounds like you got a great deal. I first looked at the MP1 and it did everything I need at a lesser price. But, quiet is part of my needs and I'm spoiled by the MM. At 75ft up you don't even know it's there. So that was a factor in the choice. It shipped today and yes, I've already downloaded the manual and am digging in.

Reactions: Paulf10
2edgesword - sounds like you got a great deal. I first looked at the MP1 and it did everything I need at a lesser price. But, quiet is part of my needs and I'm spoiled by the MM. At 75ft up you don't even know it's there. So that was a factor in the choice. It shipped today and yes, I've already downloaded the manual and am digging in.

For quiet I have a Parrot Anafi :).

Enjoy the MM and MPP.

Reactions: charliesRig
I've not had trouble with the mini in mild winds. But then the term mild is subjective. If gusts are under 18mph, there shouldn't be an issue. You always have sport mode to recover if winds get a bit over that.

Also keep in mind that the ability of a drone to deal with wind is going to degrade as the battery runs down. What it can handle at a 100% is going to be different when the charge drops to 50% or less.

The Mavic Pro is great and all, but I'm not sure that I'd pay $939 for one. I recently bought a used one with the fly more combo for just over $500 and the prices seem to only be getting lower. Sorry to be the carrier of bad news but that's how it is now.:(

Reactions: Platinum 4 ever
That's a good buy! After a bit of review I decided the "quiet" and added efficiency of the platinum was worth a few extra bucks. New batteries vs. used added a bit more so i feel a "fair price" was around $800. The balance was for the warranty and entry into the care refresh program. You may be right, that's a lot for the comfort level provided. But, unlike my MM I plan to spread my wings a bit more with this one and feel a few mistakes are likely. I'll let everyone know a year from now if that was a good economic decision.

Got the bug with a Amcrest toy flier. No GPS and challenging to fly in any wind. Learned some valuable lessons cheaply and then bought a Mavic Mini. Love the Mini but wind is its enemy. I wanted something to add to the mix with a bit more comfort at longer distances, mild wind, and in potential wi-fi interference areas. Looked at the 2 Pro but with the new Autel EVO II out I suspect I will want a Mavic 3. So, I bought a refurbished MPP from Camrise on E-Bay. $939 with 3 batts (fly-more package) Luv to hear what others think of the price. I read both good & bad about Camrise but took the deal. I looked at used units but the difference was small compared to the comfort of a warranty. I think I can get Care Refresh - I'll let you know after it arrives. Any thoughts on this plan?

Congrats! Me too :D except I got a good deal on a sealed new MPP Flymore kit "under $900." Was going to go for the Camrise refurb until I came across this on a local Facebook For-Sale group. I did first clear it with DJI to verify serial number and that it never flew. Then I probably spent about $350 on "goodies" to go with it including the extended warranty and a used iPad Mini 4 which works perfectly without a separate tablet holder in the RC jaws. Flew it first time last night for 10 minutes straight up and down 4/5 times until I go to my first club meeting/fly-in.

That was a great deal! My MPP arrived today looking like new with the care refresh brochure included. Been working my way up to longer flights with my MM. Taking it slow and careful as I explore the capabilities and limitations. MPP is a beast compared to the mini. Both have a place in my needs. Got it registered (and it appears all my drones are now technically registered and must be affixed with my #). May get the MPP off the ground this weekend.

That's a good buy! After a bit of review I decided the "quiet" and added efficiency of the platinum was worth a few extra bucks. New batteries vs. used added a bit more so i feel a "fair price" was around $800. The balance was for the warranty and entry into the care refresh program. You may be right, that's a lot for the comfort level provided. But, unlike my MM I plan to spread my wings a bit more with this one and feel a few mistakes are likely. I'll let everyone know a year from now if that was a good economic decision.

Prices are subjective too. Bottom line is if you’re happy, you’re good to go! And I’ll bet you’re going to have a blast with your MPP. [emoji106]

Hi, around same time I've bought my MPP with ~700$, used acceptable, it has a small crack on it and I have to replace a component, I've wanted to get it fixed and not returned because the batteries had 1 cycle only each and as a bonus they've offered a partial refund.

Now I'd say 939$ is a fair price for a MPP kind of new, however I believe you should check the battery status, this being what matters. I'm not sure if refurnished items are getting new batteries so I'd suggest looking at battery cycles.

Reactions: Paulf10
I’ve had my MPP for about 2 1/2 years. I use it for aerial photography. If I’m honest about my level of photography skills I have not found any justification to upgrade to any other drone. For me the MPP does everything I need it to plus a lot more. For that reason I think you made an excellent buy.

I’ve had my MPP for about a year now and I can tell you that you’ll love it.. the Low noise (silver tip) props make all the difference, I just bought two new sets from DJI. I had only flown those but I noticed the edges getting a bit of wear from bugs, never in a collision, so I switched to the brand new gold tip back ups I had, and it is night and day. Took them off that night and I won’t be using anything but the low noise unless it’s an emergency situation.

Like you I bought second hand.6 months old with only 1:30 total flight time and less than 10 recharges across the 3 batteries. I think that the MPP is the mutts nuts. Okay it doesn’t have the very latest tech in comparison to the gen 2 drones but it has enough if you treat it right...and I don’t know about you but the gen 2 drones look kinda “plasticky”

Reactions: old man mavic
I have a MP1 and wish it was a MPP. I like the MP1 as it has a lot of flight time (my record flights are around 23 mins) but more would be better. Having a lot of flight time / endurance means you never feel in a hurry to do anything, which really pays off as you can accomplish things with no mistakes. I dont think I could live with an Air or Mini; that extra 5-10 mins of flight time from the Pro series is priceless.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S