DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bracketing Control for HDR Photos

Grippo

Reactions
I use three shots for HDR pictures and using the Mavic Pro has yielded some nice results. However, I want control of how much difference there is between bracketed shots? For example, -1, 0, +1.

Now it only allows for default ev setting which is different with each aperture.
I want it to be -1, 0, +1 where ever I set the current aperture.

I shoot in Raw, and process the files in LR and Photomatix does the actual HDR processing.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I use three shots for HDR pictures and using the Mavic Pro has yielded some nice results. However, I want control of how much difference there is between bracketed shots? For example, -1, 0, +1.

Now it only allows for default ev setting which is different with each aperture.
I want it to be -1, 0, +1 where ever I set the current aperture.

I shoot in Raw, and process the files in LR and Photomatix does the actual HDR processing.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

The Mavic Pro doesn’t have an adjustable aperture and even if it did you wouldn’t want to change it within an AEB sequence because you’d be changing the depth of field in each shot. There’s no way to change the EV distance between automatic bracketed shots but there’s nothing that says you can’t just do this manually with the right wheel.

I used aperture because of lack of a better term. When you roll the right wheel on the remote and the view gets brighter or darker, what is that?

Thank you for responding Brett.

I used aperture because of lack of a better term. When you roll the right wheel on the remote and the view gets brighter or darker, what is that?

Thank you for responding Brett.

NP. That changes the exposure compensation value or EV. In automatic mode this is a combination of ISO and shutter speed. In manual mode it is shutter speed. Your “-1,0,+1” values are just that so that’s why you can use the wheel to do this without the need of using the Auto bracket feature.

Reactions: BigAl07
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AviewFromAbove_