DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Brand new and learning the hard way.

Rob1023

Reactions
I just purchased a mavic pro Platinum, my first drone ever and I love it and can't stop Flying it. I have watched a lot of videos and paid attention to all the do's and don'ts, for the most part that is. One thing that is causing me a little bit of trouble is flying in the evening when the sun starts going down. With diminished light, depth perception gets a little more challenging. One of my questions is what glue is best to use on a mavic body? I broke my right front foot and would like to try to glue it on rather than replace the whole arm right now. Should I use PVC glue or model airplane glue, or something else entirely? I know the antenna is housed in that foot and I will need to take special care. Has anyone else had this particular break?
I'll be posting more.

thx

rob

Reactions: dirkclod
I just purchased a mavic pro Platinum, my first drone ever and I love it and can't stop Flying it. I have watched a lot of videos and paid attention to all the do's and don'ts, for the most part that is. One thing that is causing me a little bit of trouble is flying in the evening when the sun starts going down. With diminished light, depth perception gets a little more challenging. One of my questions is what glue is best to use on a mavic body? I broke my right front foot and would like to try to glue it on rather than replace the whole arm right now. Should I use PVC glue or model airplane glue, or something else entirely? I know the antenna is housed in that foot and I will need to take special care. Has anyone else had this particular break?
I'll be posting more.

thx

rob
Howdy from Wyoming Rob1023, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here. There was a thread about a broken foot last week and a plastic adhesive was recommended, I do not remember the brand I will try to find the thread and post a link. It was some kind of specialized plastic glue.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

If the glue doesn't hold well enough, you can buy a new foot (along with the arm) here on Amazon or here on eBay. Harvesting a foot from an arm might be an easier fix than replacing the entire arm.

Last edited:
Yes I had something in mind, in the line of gluing, if that didn't work or wasn't sufficient, buying an arm, harvesting the foot, keeping the arm for parts, and as many arms that I see out there for sale, my guess is it's not going to be long before I break an arm, then I'll have that ready to go. If all else fails, I did buy the whatever care insurance thing. [emoji6]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580