DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Brand New Battery Issue

linuxglobal

Reactions
Anyone know the possible issue with this battery ? I have looked up the battery error code messages, my best guess is beyond discharged ??

Brand new battery, but i got it back in Oct 2017. Looking to find my proof of purchase if I have to go through DJI for repair/replacement.

Pulled out of box, 2 status LEDS were showing up (as in around 50% battery life).
Plugged into charger, and .... video attached below.

Now one bottom most led (LED 1) just stays on all the time. No power to drone. Drone works fine with my other main battery.

Found out since my friend wanted to buy a spare battery, and I thought I had one ... apparently that may not be the case.

Any help with resetting the battery, possible FW upgrades on the battery, etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

If it is hibernation mode, you need to charge it for at least 5 minutes before you will see a status change

It is possible that the battery was stored fully depleted. Lipos do not like that, especially if it has been over a year. They like to be charge to about 3.8 volts for storage. And I suspect that it may be fully dead. Do you feel any "swelling" on the bottom of the battery?

EDIT: Opps, I misread the date, my error.....Thx...

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. Salty
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalinbbc27