DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Brand new Mavic 3 - first 2 flights with RC Pro = signal loss, but I solved it.

vr_driver

Reactions
Hi All, I'm a new Mavic 3 flyer.

I've finally had a chance to put the bird up in the sky, and I want to say it went flawless, but it didn't.

I don't know if anyone has had this problem or I didn't read something, and I'm about to look like a moron for not following some procedure, but here goes... :D

So, I'd configured everything I thought was right, and I so I launched the aircraft without any problems.

I had the Wifi set to dual band, and in reality it didn't work for. I'd fly a short distance and the aircraft would get out of range and return to home.

I thought maybe I had the antennas sitting wrong or something. I then tried setting it to 2.4G and it was the same result.
I then set it to 5G and then the signal worked perfectly and I was happy.

My only gripe was the second day, when the controller didn't remember that 5G setting I'd previously set.

Both flights were in areas without people. The first flights were on a rural flower farm, and the second was just in a park, so I hardly think that I had any interference.

I don't know if anyone has had this problem before, or it is me, but I just thought I'd put it out there.

And yes, I have the latest firmware installed, and in Australia, so not sure if that would have an impact down under here. lol

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:
Reactions: GFields
Not unusual for me to lose connection at times with both my drones M3 & MA2. They just sit there or auto RTH. Not sure why, could be because flying near restricted areas, not direct line of sight, signal in reference or a bad day. Other days they go like a dream.

I've finally had a chance to put the bird up in the sky, and I want to say it went flawless, but it didn't.

I don't know if anyone has had this problem or I didn't read something, and I'm about to look like a moron for not following some procedure, but here goes... :D

So, I'd configured everything I thought was right, and I so I launched the aircraft without any problems.

I had the Wifi set to dual band, and in reality it didn't work for. I'd fly a short distance and the aircraft would get out of range and return to home.

I thought maybe I had the antennas sitting wrong or something. I then tried setting it to 2.4G and it was the same result.

My only gripe was the second day, when the controller didn't remember that 5G setting I'd previously set.

Both flights were in areas without people. The first flights were on a rural flower farm, and the second was just in a park, so I hardly think that I had any interference.

I don't know if anyone has had this problem before, or it is me, but I just thought I'd put it out there.

And yes, I have the latest firmware installed, and in Australia, so not sure if that would have an impact down under here. lol

Cheers,
Steve
Hi
I too used to have the problem of M3 getting disconnected with my RC Pro. As I read in some article that setting WiFi band to 5Ghz could solve the problem.
Then I started setting to 5 GHz in my RC Pro. and there’s no issues of flight getting disconnected. But please remember to set the WiFi to 5 GHz immediately after power on the Drone.

K Venkatesan
Chennai India.

Reactions: vr_driver
Hi
I too used to have the problem of M3 getting disconnected with my RC Pro. As I read in some article that setting WiFi band to 5Ghz could solve the problem.
Then I started setting to 5 GHz in my RC Pro. and there’s no issues of flight getting disconnected. But please remember to set the WiFi to 5 GHz immediately after power on the Drone.

K Venkatesan
Chennai India.
Just so someone doesn't get confused, let's note that the 2.4/5/auto frequency settings in the Fly app is for the Occusync system used to communicate between the aircraft and the controller.

Wifi is something else entirely, and it's not required for operating the aircraft.

ut please remember to set the WiFi to 5 GHz immediately after power on the Drone.

K Venkatesan
Chennai India.
Correct. Any changes away from Auto OS3+ band selection do not survive a reboot. The OS3+ band selection will always revert back to Auto. The manual change to 5.8Ghz must be reselected before every flight.

My first Mavic 3 had an internal hardware failure and was replaced. The second one had an issue with the collision sensors and something else DJI did not state. The third one has been flawless thus far (knocking on wood). None of the 3 have disconnected from my RC Pro ever and I've always have it set to dual band. I thought I did read something online though that setting it to 5ghz was advisable if signal issues do occur.

My first Mavic 3 had an internal hardware failure and was replaced. The second one had an issue with the collision sensors and something else DJI did not state. The third one has been flawless thus far (knocking on wood). None of the 3 have disconnected from my RC Pro ever and I've always have it set to dual band. I thought I did read something online though that setting it to 5ghz was advisable if signal issues do occur.
Does the 5ghz applicable only in US?

Thanks all for your feedback. Good to know that I'm not the only one. 😊

Cheers,
Steve
My RC Pro is currently in for warranty repair for this exact issue. You need to create a support case with DJI. They will have you send the logs (and I also sent video), and then mail it in for repair. They assessed and repaired mine within 3 days and it is getting ready to ship back, all free of charge. Total turnaround will be about 1.5 weeks.

My RC Pro is currently in for warranty repair for this exact issue. You need to create a support case with DJI. They will have you send the logs (and I also sent video), and then mail it in for repair. They assessed and repaired mine within 3 days and it is getting ready to ship back, all free of charge. Total turnaround will be about 1.5 weeks.
Wow. OK. I better look in to this then. Thanks for the heads up.

A while ago I called DJI about this, and they basically said calibrate everything again. I don't think it solved anything, but I was able to recently update the firmware to the second most recent version and flew yesterday and the dual band worked fine.
When I got home, I discovered the newest firmware with the new fpv models.
So, for the moment, I'll say this is solved...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54