DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Brand new Mini 3 pro powers off on desk

CrowsFeet

Reactions
Site
youtube.com
I just got my Mini 3 pro. I have an old Mavic Pro but for this as it’s smaller and better.

Unboxed. Started firmware update. And after a while , it just switched off. I’m guessing (hoping) it’s a heat thing. But is it normal for it to just power off when on a desk maybe changing settings or worse, mid firmware update? I understand it has no fan. So is this just a power heating issue and it won’t (shouldn’t)happen mid flight?

I wasn’t watching the screen at the time. Does it give a warning?

@CrowsFeet ,it is something that can happen if the drone is just sitting during an update ,you do get a message ,and it also mentions it in the manual .
the easiest way to prevent it happening ,is to have a fan blowing over the drone to help keep it cool during the update process
also if you leave the drone sitting on the ground in direct sunlight for to long it can shut down if it is really hot conditions
once in the air and at some height ,and moving then it should not get too hot,
you could on a very hot day, and be flying very low to the ground hovering ,get a message about overheating ,due to lack of airflow over the drone
luckily where i fly in the UK ,it is very rare for such extremely high temperatures to cause an issue in flight
but even so i always have used a fan blowing over all my drones during updates

I just got my Mini 3 pro. I have an old Mavic Pro but for this as it’s smaller and better.

Unboxed. Started firmware update. And after a while , it just switched off. I’m guessing (hoping) it’s a heat thing. But is it normal for it to just power off when on a desk maybe changing settings or worse, mid firmware update? I understand it has no fan. So is this just a power heating issue and it won’t (shouldn’t)happen mid flight?

This is how I update mine

this is how I update mine

6AC3B4EF-1970-46B2-A745-ECCE091B085A.jpeg
This is how I update mine , with a neck fan, cheers Len

Attachments

• B06EF867-FA7D-40D7-A0DA-7C373C3EB7B6.jpeg
    B06EF867-FA7D-40D7-A0DA-7C373C3EB7B6.jpeg
    493.2 KB · Views: 16

Have a look at this Mini Fan on Amazon, I got one for my mini 3 Pro, when doing firmware updates, or downloading photos/videos to the computer via the USB C on the drone.These are the details....

Mini Clip On Fan - Tiny Personal Fan Clips onto Cell Phones, Tablets, Laptop Computers – Cordless, Battery Operated - Portable Cooling for Travel, Bed, Camping, Beach, Outdoors, Gray​

The Fan sits comfortably on a desk or flat surface in front of the Drone, forces air into the drone vent behind the gimbal, keeping it cool. Does work !

Reactions: CrowsFeet

Yes, it does, it will turn off to prevent damages to the aircraft.

Have a look at this small portable cooling fan on Amazon, it works well with cooling the DJI Mini 3 Pro when doing large updates. It cools by blowing air through the inlet behind the gimble. Hope this helps !

Mini Clip On Fan - Tiny Personal Fan Clips onto Cell Phones, Tablets, Laptop Computers – Cordless, Battery Operated - Portable Cooling for Travel, Bed, Camping, Beach, Outdoors, Gray​

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas