DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Brand new pilot dji mini 2

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. Thumbswayup

Hello from the Crossroads of America pbell17389.

Can someone give me some pointers or maybe external lights.

Here are a few sites that may help you get started.

Keep in mind, anything you add to the mini 2 will put it over the 249g limit and may need FAA registration.

Strobe lights...

Strobe light holders...

Another option is to put a bright skin on the aircraft.

Decal Girl...

WrapGrade...

Good luck and Welcome to the Forum. ?

Glad to have you -Thanks for joining us @ MP!!

I've been looking at the skins @MA2 317 pointed out. I think the gray tends to blend with stuff. I tend to lose mine when it's in front of a tree and I look down at the screen then back up. Takes me a couple of seconds to relocate it.

Being from Colorado, you should be able to get some great videos!!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

I have a hard time keeping my eye on mine, too....I just added strobes for daytime flying...I think the green stands out better ...but one of the things you want to do is be mindful of how Return to Home works, have it set up properly, and make sure that you have the return altitude set high enough and stay away from any overhead obstructions when launching..if you can't find it...hit RTH and listen for it to approach...then stop it and guide it in manually

Glad to have you -Thanks for joining us @ MP!!

I've been looking at the skins @MA2 317 pointed out. I think the gray tends to blend with stuff. I tend to lose mine when it's in front of a tree and I look down at the screen then back up. Takes me a couple of seconds to relocate it.

Being from Colorado, you should be able to get some great videos!!
Thank you so much. Lol, once I get more relaxed flying this drone, there are so many possibilities with video and single

Welcome to the forum.
IMO strobes are essential as I can barely see my drones past 400' during the day without them. Testing with my 20/20 vision I can usually track them out to 1600' with strobes. If you're going to fly at night they are required. At night I have been able to visually track my strobes out to 10,000 ft with unobstructed view over a lake. I doubt that you will want to send your Mini 2 out that far, but I think some have done it.

If you're going to have one strobe I recommend the Firehouse ARC V. You'll have to mount it creatively but it can be done. I usually fly with an ARC V or ARC II on the bottom and smaller red/green strobes currently on front arms, but will shortly try front and back for orientation. It doesn't hurt to put leg extensions on even if you don't mount on the bottom.

1626141714176.png
1626141744920.png

Reactions: eaglesurfing
Welcome to the forum.
IMO strobes are essential as I can barely see my drones past 400' during the day without them. Testing with my 20/20 vision I can usually track them out to 1600' with strobes. If you're going to fly at night they are required. At night I have been able to visually track my strobes out to 10,000 ft with unobstructed view over a lake. I doubt that you will want to send your Mini 2 out that far, but I think some have done it.

If you're going to have one strobe I recommend the Firehouse ARC V. You'll have to mount it creatively but it can be done. I usually fly with an ARC V or ARC II on the bottom and smaller red/green strobes currently on front arms, but will shortly try front and back for orientation. It doesn't hurt to put leg extensions on even if you don't mount on the bottom.

View attachment 131842
View attachment 131843
Thank you so much. I ended up buying a firehouse arc v. I also decided to buy a skin. Florescent green. I shouldn't lose it now.lol

Reactions: QKOLIVER
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929