DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Brand new San Antonio pilot

SanAntonPilot

Reactions
Hi everyone. I’m brand new to drone piloting. I’m in San Antonio (Stone Oak area) and looking for safe and legal areas to fly my Mavic Mini 2. Found a few areas simply by doing Google searches but want to see where everyone flies recreationally. I have already registered my drone and have my TRUST certificate. Just looking for ideas on where to fly. Thanks!

Hi everyone. I’m brand new to drone piloting. I’m in San Antonio (Stone Oak area) and looking for safe and legal areas to fly my Mavic Mini 2. Found a few areas simply by doing Google searches but want to see where everyone flies recreationally. I have already registered my drone and have my TRUST certificate. Just looking for ideas on where to fly. Thanks!
Welcome to the Forum, I recommend you re-post this in the Pilot Check In area, you'll get a lot more traffic. Check out that thread, you'll see what I mean...

Reactions: Chetk7677
Welcome to drone aviation. San Antonio offers many interesting places to fly with surprisingly few flight restrictions over downtown and the Riverwalk. I think a flight from LaVillita up the river to the Pearl Brewery at 200’, or less, would not expose people or moving vehicles in violation of FAA regulations, provided you remained over the river. Holding a Part 107 license would take the worry out of it but I’m not sure a flight like the one described would implicate the recreational rules. That said, please practice with your new drone until you have acquired the necessary skills to pilot it safely and stay within your limits.

Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City.
FLY SAFE & HAVE A GOOD EXPERIENCE

Reactions: LoudThunder
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore