DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Brand New Smart Controller - Not Charging

tnev83

Reactions
Looking for some help. Just got my Mavic 2 Pro with Smart controller in the mail, Smart Controller has been charging with charging cable and wall box that came with it since around 3pm, and is only at 12%. When I realized it was taking an exceptionally long time to charge, I switched out the cable and box to one I know works well with other devices, and it is still at 12%. The controller charge lights has one light blinking, and the controller keeps making a chime noise. Any suggestions.

Looking for some help. Just got my Mavic 2 Pro with Smart controller in the mail, Smart Controller has been charging with charging cable and wall box that came with it since around 3pm, and is only at 12%. When I realized it was taking an exceptionally long time to charge, I switched out the cable and box to one I know works well with other devices, and it is still at 12%. The controller charge lights has one light blinking, and the controller keeps making a chime noise. Any suggestions.

Do you have any other "powerful" charger you can try as part of a test? Or just another charger at all?

Did you purchase this new or secondhand?

When charging, do the LEDs cycle rapidly or slowly?

if you power the controller on during charging, do you receive a message on the screen indication the charging will be slower due to power source being low?

can you provide a photo of the power brick you are using? Include model number and any specs you can provide from the data plate label on the DJI power supply brick?

Are you using the power brick that also charged the Mavic2 batteries?

As a beginner, when I contacted customer support I was told the sc went into hibernation.

I tried the sequence from "live chat" as follows:

1. Plug into wall socket then to controller. press and release power then re press power and hold for 1 minute.

2 disconnect from wall socket and re plug into a different socket

3. Press and release power then immediately press and hold for 2 minutes.

4. Disconnect from wall socket.

5. Reconnect to different socket.

6. Connect power to the controller.. Allow the controller to charge.

it worked for me. Don't know why each step required a DIFFERENT wall socket, but the end result was a fully charged RC.

good luck

Reactions: ff22 and Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S