DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Breaking misconception about drones

RayOZ

Reactions
My aunt spent me a pic yesterday of a local news clipping from NZ about someone being concerned about seeing a drone at the beach. Today, she sent a pic of a response to that. I thought the response was pretty good.
IMG_4716.JPG IMG_4721.JPG

Good response.

Wonder if the person complaining about the drone is also going to write to the newspaper and complain about every other beachgoer out there that is carrying a cell phone with a camera...

I recently made submissions to our local council regarding their proposed "drone" by-laws being drafted.
It was a really good process. I and some other UAV users made level headed submissions to help keep our hobby alive. I even offered to show the councilors a selection of my UAV's and how they operate. We met at a local park and they were quite impressed. I flew the Mavic and my large Hexacopter with a full frame DSLR attached. I also made the point of showing them it is actually near impossible to "spy" on people with the UAV's in question.
The new by-laws being proposed were in the interests of wild animal welfare specifically local wild life that is significant.
Many of the other submissions just bleated on about their privacy being breached. Even though the topic wasn't about privacy as you have none when in a public place.
Some people just don't understand, when out in public someone can film/photograph you. Just because the camera is in the air doesn't give you a new found right to privacy.
The response to the first newspaper clip is spot on.

Reactions: Fireproof
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR