DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bremen, Germany, is here too

Olav van Gerven

Reactions
Hello to everybody,

I'm a recreational vifeo- and photographer living in Bremen, Germany. Just got a Mavic Air a two weeks ago, carefully trying it out.

Oe question I have: To get permission to publish (youtube) dronefootafe taken in Sweden, it would be helpfull if I could include the a screenshot of the map shown in the flightlog. Is there an easy way to get these on a macbook, somekind of software able to play the .mapfile or so?

Would be great if anyone has an easy solution.

Regards,
Olav

Welcome to the forum Olav.

Someone with MAC experience will come along and hopefully be able to answer your question.

Safe flights :)
Allen

Welcome to the forum Olav.

Someone with MAC experience will come along and hopefully be able to answer your question.

Safe flights :)
Allen
Thanks Allen,

I do intend to fly safe, have payed my tribute with the cheaper drones :(

Olav

Hi Olav,
Wilkommen! Love Bremen, spent quite some time working there a few years back (Airbus). Loved the old city center and the views on the Weser!

Regarding the request about the map screenshot;
If you use an iOS device to fly, you can take a screenshot by useing the menu button together with the on/off button. This screenshot will be saved to your gallery and synced to your macbook. Does that help?

Cheers Joost

Thank Joost,

after I bought the DJI, the budget for a IOS Device was non-existent, so I use my LG-Phone or an Aldi-Pad on Android. But maybe my wife gets exicted about the footage in Sweden and she might suggest that i get an iPad or so :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup
Thanks,
I do have to short clips, really "starter" clips at my chalen on YT and will be publishing more in July when we're in Sweden (as soon as I get the release fron the authorities there).

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy the forum.
Agree with above that a screenshot is the best option in your situation.

Welcome from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy the forum.
Agree with above that a screenshot is the best option in your situation.
Thanks,

untill the moment I find another way, i guess I have to live with that. There are worse things in live :)

Okay, to answer my own question:

I used a trick, the "crash log". Uploaded the log to the log-viewer, then looked at the flight, dowloaded it as a KML and was able to right away bring it into my garmin-map app, showing in small steps every gps-move incl. altitude that was made. This enables me to make the exact screenshots of the rout I flew, combined with the position log that will make the communication with the swedish authorities easier.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007