DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bringing Drone into Thailand (not flying)

holydivinity

Reactions
Hello all, new pilot here. I am heading to Asia (Hong Kong, Thailand, Singapore) in a few weeks and would love to bring my Mavic Pro. I've been reading on the strict regulations in Thailand and will probably forgo any attempt to fly in the country for fear of having to pay an egregious fine or worse. My question is, if my drone is not registered, can I still bring it into the country even if I have no intention of flying it? I don't want to have my brand new toy confiscated!

Unfortunately, I cannot leave the drone with anyone while there, so if Thailand is deemed to be too high risk I may opt to not bring my drone on the trip at all.

Appreciate any info! Thanks!

I just got back from SE Asia -- Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam and the Philippines -- and I had no hassle bringing the drone into any of those countries -- though there are many who have had their drones confiscated, or held until departure -- in Vietnam.

I also flew in Thailand, illegally I guess. The same advice for everywhere applies -- don't overfly people, crowds, beaches, etc. Don't fly in major cities where there are lots of police around. Don't make a spectacle of yourself. Follow those rules and you'll likely be fine. Thai police are generally looking for a little side money -- I hit three road checkpoints while driving there and was assessed a "roadside fine". 500 Baht each time. The cost of being there I guess.

Did they search your luggage and find the drone which is why they fined you the 500 baht?

I plan on doing 5 months travel in SE Asia but will try to avoid flying into certain airports if I can get thru countries by other means like buses.

Did they search your luggage and find the drone which is why they fined you the 500 baht?

I plan on doing 5 months travel in SE Asia but will try to avoid flying into certain airports if I can get thru countries by other means like buses.
Please re-read what I posted. I got fined for driving.

Hey guys, by pure luck i have come accross this forum.

My mate and i just returned from thailand after a 24hrs visit transiting through. And he had his drone and didnt have an issue comming into the country but he never flew it.

My question is- i am going to phuket and wanted to fly my drone but didnt have a chance to register it as its takes 2 months and i dont have that time frame.

Just wondering what the chances are that i will be able to fly it around. Being respectful ofcourse at all time and not being a knuckle head and sticking to the basic rules.

Or should i just not take the drone and not risk it.

Once again guys thanks a ton for your advice.

Hey guys, by pure luck i have come accross this forum.

My mate and i just returned from thailand after a 24hrs visit transiting through. And he had his drone and didnt have an issue comming into the country but he never flew it.

My question is- i am going to phuket and wanted to fly my drone but didnt have a chance to register it as its takes 2 months and i dont have that time frame.

Just wondering what the chances are that i will be able to fly it around. Being respectful ofcourse at all time and not being a knuckle head and sticking to the basic rules.

Or should i just not take the drone and not risk it.

Once again guys thanks a ton for your advice.
The advice you seek is in this thread.

Reactions: Pulsarlx07
Any other drone experiences from Thailand? pixl's was reassuring, but I'm still wondering about bringing my mavic there, even if not flying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian