DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bringing my drone into South America?? (Peru, Colombia and Ecuador)

Rathi Roam

Reactions
Hey guys. I’d like to know if any of you have experience with bringing a drone into Peru, Colombia and Ecuador + Galapagos Islands or have any knowledge of it? I just want to make sure I can bring it with me into the country through the customs etc. without any problems..

Thank you in advance.

Start here:

Start here:

Thank you for that. So it basically says that there isn't any registration for getting into Colombia and it won't be any problem to get it into that country. But with Ecuador and Peru I have to pay a tax and also register myself before entering Peru, is that correct understood?

It doesn't state ANYTHING about whether I can bring my drone into the Galapagos Islands or not.. He only writes "Drones are completely banned on the Galapagos Islands except for scientific use." that's not answering the question whether I can bring it into the islands or not. I've seen another website which says it's no problem to bring it with you as long as you don't fly there. So i'm not sure which ones to go with.

This is where I read it was okay, but i'm not sure if it's updated?

Link: https://www.galapagos.org/travel/travel/planning-a-trip/travel-faqs/

Thank you for that. So it basically says that there isn't any registration for getting into Colombia and it won't be any problem to get it into that country. But with Ecuador and Peru I have to pay a tax and also register myself before entering Peru, is that correct understood?

It doesn't state ANYTHING about whether I can bring my drone into the Galapagos Islands or not.. He only writes "Drones are completely banned on the Galapagos Islands except for scientific use." that's not answering the question whether I can bring it into the islands or not. I've seen another website which says it's no problem to bring it with you as long as you don't fly there. So i'm not sure which ones to go with.

This is where I read it was okay, but i'm not sure if it's updated?

Link: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
It says, “Camera drones are NOT permitted to be flown by tourists anywhere in the Galapagos Islands. The use of camera drones is only permitted, under strict regulations, for research and monitoring. However, authorities recognize that many travelers pass through Galapagos on their way to or from other countries. For that reason, tourists are allowed to bring drones into Galapagos, and they will not be confiscated at the airport or elsewhere (unless the drone is caught being used in the air).”
Bold text is from the site.
Recommend contact ahead to verify this.

Reactions: MaxE1955!
It says, “Camera drones are NOT permitted to be flown by tourists anywhere in the Galapagos Islands. The use of camera drones is only permitted, under strict regulations, for research and monitoring. However, authorities recognize that many travelers pass through Galapagos on their way to or from other countries. For that reason, tourists are allowed to bring drones into Galapagos, and they will not be confiscated at the airport or elsewhere (unless the drone is caught being used in the air).”
Bold text is from the site.
Recommend contact ahead to verify this.

Yes that's the text I referred to, but as mentioned above I'm not sure if that's updated. So yeah, I guess i'll have to contact them to verify this.

@RathiTheExplorer I would like to hear your experience about bringing your drone to Colombia. I'm going there in a few weeks. I've read the Colombian fly laws and if I understand there isn't registration required and there won't be a problem flying there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121