DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Broken Flight Logs on long distance flights.

mrreddog

Reactions
Has others had flight logs split in two on long distance flights??
So as I reach the distance limit with Mav2Z, I get disconnects with long pauses before RTH kicks in, 1-2 minutes. Then once i look at the data on the phone and Airdata, its split into 2 flights.
One showing outbound, then just ends, and a 2nd one coming inbound and landing, but its missing some data at the far end??
With over 500 flights on Mavic pro 1, Every single flight showed the full flight path, distance, signal, etc...
Anyone else have this issue??

Also at full distance Mavic 1 would pop back up usually 10 to 20 seconds in RTH mode heading back.
But running same long distance test with Mavic 2Z, the signal blanks out for 1 to 2 minutes before I finally reconnect with drone, and like I said above, it treats it like 2 flights, one going outbound, the 2nd coming inbound. So no chance at viewing proper telemetry, distance, etc.
Any one else experiencing similar problems??
One user said he seen split data files on Mavic 1, but I never had it happen a single time.
Just looking for others experiences, Thanks.

Last edited:
I've had my MP1 lost connection for 120.2s once. There was only 1 log file at the end of the flight. Did you close DJI Go 4 during the time there was no connection? Maybe there was some trigger that the app thinks the flight ended, and closed that log file.

Reactions: mrreddog
I've had my MP1 lost connection for 120.2s once. There was only 1 log file at the end of the flight. Did you close DJI Go 4 during the time there was no connection? Maybe there was some trigger that the app thinks the flight ended, and closed that log file.
What was going on for 120 secs?
It sounds like you just lost the downlink, which won't close off the flight record because the control signal (uplink) is still good.
Lose the control signal and the flight record ends with a new one starting up if contact is re-established.

Ya know what, I think it did crash go 4 on a couple of occasions, That may be the answer, I will have to go back and look, or fly more. Boy do I feel stupid, I really think it did crash go 4, that makes sense. More testing tommorow, Thanks.

It sounds like you just lost the downlink, which won't close off the flight record because the control signal (uplink) is still good.
Lose the control signal and the flight record ends with a new one starting up if contact is re-established.
Im not sure, but dont think that is correct, like, I said, I flew alot of flights on Mav 1, just holding the right stick forward, even after signal lost, then it would pop up 20 or 30 seconds later heading home , it would show signal loss reapeatedly, but still show a single and full flight.

Last edited:
Has others had flight logs split in two on long distance flights??
So as I reach the distance limit with Mav2Z, I get disconnects with long pauses before RTH kicks in, 1-2 minutes. Then once i look at the data on the phone and Airdata, its split into 2 flights.
One showing outbound, then just ends, and a 2nd one coming inbound and landing, but its missing some data at the far end??
With over 500 flights on Mavic pro 1, Every single flight showed the full flight path, distance, signal, etc...
Anyone else have this issue??

Hi yes I have had this problem. In my flight log My mavic 2 it took off then in a matter of seconds it’s 500’ away. The only reason I looked at it is that my go 4 app crashed multiple times

Ya know what, I think it did crash go 4 on a couple of occasions, That may be the answer, I will have to go back and look, or fly more. Boy do I feel stupid, I really think it did crash go 4, that makes sense. More testing tommorow, Thanks.

If the app restarts then it will start a new log.

My 120s? Funny story. I was flying 30m over water. Didn’t realized I turned around a cliff edge. Totally lost connection. MP1 turned around towards home point. Flew straight and encountered said cliff. OA on, so stopped, rose another 30m to clear the cliff and trees. Flew towards home and got connection back. 2 minutes is a lot of time to panic. I only had my MP for like a couple of months. So that was a learning experience. My video was recording was on. So was pretty amazing to watch it.

You were very lucky, Its gotta be a great feeling when it performed perfectly like its supposed to...

Mine did not. There is data missing. Because it took off then all of a sudden the drone was about 500’ away on the flight data when I played it back on the smart controller

Your description is too incomplete to understand what you mean. Your app did not restart and there is a gap in the log, or the app did restart but did not start a new log, or the start of the flight log is just missing?

Sorry my go4 app crashed but the flight record carried on recording. I will post it later so you can see what I mean

My 120s? Funny story. I was flying 30m over water. Didn’t realized I turned around a cliff edge. Totally lost connection. MP1 turned around towards home point. Flew straight and encountered said cliff. OA on, so stopped, rose another 30m to clear the cliff and trees. Flew towards home and got connection back. 2 minutes is a lot of time to panic. I only had my MP for like a couple of months. So that was a learning experience. My video was recording was on. So was pretty amazing to watch it.
I can relate to the long wait for signal return. My P3A had no downlink but didn't realize I still had uplink according to AC log. Waited 4 minutes before signal came back on low battery RTH. Per log and video, was just hovering. Those boating on the river must have thought I was spying.

Your description is too incomplete to understand what you mean. Your app did not restart and there is a gap in the log, or the app did restart but did not start a new log, or the start of the flight log is just missing?
can you make head or tails of this, its a video of my flight record in play back mode on my Sc as of what i am talking about in the above posts 0503-190435.mp4

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada