DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Broken front legs

KostasNK

Reactions
Today I did some flights and I noticed my front legs are cracked without ever crashing. I fell from some stairs 2 months ago due to ice, with the fly more combo bag and the drone inside and they cracked then possibly. Do you know where can I get replacement legs? Is it easy to replace them? I just unscrew the three Allen screws put the new ones and screw them back on?
7732451680d542c4ac76df956c7f85be.jpg
f2f6ad1e71730e5e485f07a0b607ff25.jpg

Sorry about your fall on the stairs. A few winters ago, I slipped on ice and did a forward "face plant" right flat down into a fresh snow bank. It was straight out of Charlie Brown cartoon. When I got up, it was amazing how perfect an impression of my body it made in the snow. I still see stars from time to time.

Anyhow, youre lucky the fall didnt break anything on you, and just cracked the front legs of your Mavic. While I hesitate to use the word "easy" when it comes to any repair on a drone, yes, it is 3 screws and off the leg comes. Just be careful when pulling the leg off that the antenna follows out with it. There is also the metal part inside the leg that needs to be transferred too. Dont forget that part!

Reactions: Gazmg
Be careful when you buy replacement legs. They are probably not OEM DJI, and can crack and then you will worse off than before.

Remember, DJI does not sell legs or arms to the general public. Any Authorized DJI repair facility is prohibited by DJI from selling most OEM DJI parts to the public. Its a fact. They can only use them to do a repair.

When I want OEM DJI parts, I get them off of new DJI Mavics.

Last edited:
@KostasNK, the arms I linked above are OEM (genuine) DJI arms. If you only want OEM DJI parts, you should buy those instead of the landing gear (legs) I linked above.

I fixed the drone yesterday. Removed the legs. Used new super glue on the legs. After 1 hour the glue dried out for good and then I put them back on. Very easy repair. I will order a set of new legs in case these crack again.

I fixed the drone yesterday. Removed the legs. Used new super glue on the legs. After 1 hour the glue dried out for good and then I put them back on. Very easy repair. I will order a set of new legs in case these crack again.

I recommend that people never use glue on their drones, for a variety of reasons.

Reactions: Texas Mavic
Can you ellaborate on this?

Yes, glue is usually used by people as a temporary "field" repair. Wherever the glue is used, it usually means that the part has failed. Glue should not be used on structural components because it can be harder or softer than the structure it is fixing. That could mean too much flex or not enough flex. Silicone is an example of too much flex, and epoxy is too brittle to flex at all. There is nothing wrong with using a body filler to improve the cosmetics of the drone.

Reactions: KostasNK
Yes, glue is usually used by people as a temporary "field" repair. Wherever the glue is used, it usually means that the part has failed. Glue should not be used on structural components because it can be harder or softer than the structure it is fixing. That could mean too much flex or not enough flex. Silicone is an example of too much flex, and epoxy is too brittle to flex at all. There is nothing wrong with using a body filler to improve the cosmetics of the drone.
It is a temporary fix until I receive the new legs. It seems very strong. The legs are not even flexing after using the super glue.
Do you think that during landing there is a chance of breaking the legs again because they won't be able to flex or bend?

Reactions: Former Member
It is a temporary fix until I receive the new legs. It seems very strong. The legs are not even flexing after using the super glue.
Do you think that during landing there is a chance of breaking the legs again because they won't be able to flex or bend?

It's possible. Just be careful and try to land straight down instead of moving.

Reactions: Texas Mavic
Sorry about your fall on the stairs. A few winters ago, I slipped on ice and did a forward "face plant" right flat down into a fresh snow bank. It was straight out of Charlie Brown cartoon. When I got up, it was amazing how perfect an impression of my body it made in the snow. I still see stars from time to time.

Anyhow, youre lucky the fall didnt break anything on you, and just cracked the front legs of your Mavic. While I hesitate to use the word "easy" when it comes to any repair on a drone, yes, it is 3 screws and off the leg comes. Just be careful when pulling the leg off that the antenna follows out with it. There is also the metal part inside the leg that needs to be transferred too. Dont forget that part!

The other part that is in the front leg.
What if you flew and crashed and broke the leg off and found the leg got a replacement leg it doesn't come with that part. Of course the antenna is still soldered to the airplane. So you replace the leg with the one you got. What does it do and what is the purpose and do I need to redo what I did. It seems to fly fine.

What if you flew and crashed and broke the leg off and found the leg got a replacement leg it doesn't come with that part. Of course the antenna is still soldered to the airplane. So you replace the leg with the one you got. What does it do and what is the purpose and do I need to redo what I did. It seems to fly fine.
By the way the leg that I found did not have anything else in it.

Just noticed you have leg extensions on, if your going to use glue best to remove them as it will be extra leverage to the damaged part

Hi, what kind of glue did you use?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242