DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Broken Gimbal/Vibration Dampening Plate. Easy fix???

BingErr

Reactions
So I was doing something dumb with my Mavic Pro Platinum and crashed it. Luckily a tree slowed it's decent and the ground was soft from rain. But it appears the vibration dampening plate is broken. Is this an easy fix? The camera still works so I think the ribbon cable is undamaged. So if I just want to change this plate do I need to open the MPP?

Is this part I need?

broken gimbal.jpg

So I was doing something dumb with my Mavic Pro Platinum and crashed it. Luckily a tree slowed it's decent and the ground was soft from rain. But it appears the vibration dampening plate is broken. Is this an easy fix? The camera still works so I think the ribbon cable is undamaged. So if I just want to change this plate do I need to open the MPP?

Is this part I need?

View attachment 102500
You really only need the S plate that the gimbal screws in to. That part you liked is cheap enough you might as well get the whole dampening plate but you could just take the s-plate off the new one and replace just that part.

You shouldn’t need to open up the Mavic if you are able to the screw the gimbal into the new s-plate without opening it. That part is only held in place by those rubber bands and the little tab in the back

Reactions: BingErr
You really only need the S plate that the gimbal screws in to. That part you liked is cheap enough you might as well get the whole dampening plate but you could just take the s-plate off the new one and replace just that part.

You shouldn’t need to open up the Mavic if you are able to the screw the gimbal into the new s-plate without opening it. That part is only held in place by those rubber bands and the little tab in the back
THANKS! This is exactly what I was hoping. Yeah, for $10 I think I'll just buy the whole thing and have spare parts. Thanks again for your quick reply. I'll make a video of the repair and post it here.

I posted the long exposure pics in this thread over in the "Photos and Video" subforum. Took a picture while I crashed my drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada