DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Broken Gimbal....

mhlawton

Reactions
Yeah, I crashed my mavic and now the gimbal isn't centering itself. I'm hoping that it will be an easy fix so here's video.

the motor that moves the camera on the y-axis seems to get hot... when the drone turns on it doesn't even move on the x axis but that motor doesn't get hot.

how much do new motors cost? can I buy new motors?

the motor that moves the camera on the y-axis seems to get hot... when the drone turns on it doesn't even move on the x axis but that motor doesn't get hot.

how much do new motors cost? can I buy new motors?

It could be your ribbon cable, gimbal motors or your gimbal control board or a combination of these.

is there a way to pinpoint it down? what would be the most logical way to figure it out?

is there a way to pinpoint it down? what would be the most logical way to figure it out?

I always start by looking at the error messages and getting them taken care of first. You can start by replacing the ribbon cable because it is the cheapest part and possible cause of your problem. See what your error messages are after you replace it. Sometimes it takes me 2 or 3 hours to troubleshoot a gimbal, and I have every replacement part to test with and have burnt my fingers countless times on overheated motors.

@Fstop labs sells them and they are reliable. Ive bought many dozens from them and have yet to find a bad one. I wouldnt buy a cheap generic cable.

DJI Mavic Pro Gimbal Flexible Flat PCB Gimbal Ribbon Cable

One last thing. Are you handy with microelectronics and do you have tools to fix it? These ribbon cables tear like paper, so if you're not careful, you might be back to square one.

Reactions: Drone Master
nice collection of glasses XD! I do need to buy a set of tools what do you suggest?

wouldn't the whole gimbal not work if it was a cable problem? I am handy myself.

Are you getting video? If you are, then just part of the gimbal isnt working. The gimbals motors are only 1/3 of the gimbal.

nice collection of glasses XD! I do need to buy a set of tools what do you suggest?

Check out these videos:

and this one:

Sorry, I thought the whole thing was called the gimbal :rolleyes:. yeah, im getting video now I understand what you mean by the cabling. let me watch the videos and I'll get back if I have any other questions.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada