DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Broken pin on my Mavic 2 Pro Battery

Patrick T.

Reactions
I just noticed that on one of my Mavic 2 battery it has a broken pin about the middle of the battery so I charged the battery and it charged normal so I put it in my Mavic and went on the go4 app and all cells are the same it all looks normal does one pin on the battery effect the battery

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 58
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 60
Several pins on one side is +, several on the other is -. Ones in the middle is communications. That pin would seem to be one of the communications pins so I'm surprised the app didn't present an error.

Several pins on one side is +, several on the other is -. Ones in the middle is communications. That pin would seem to be one of the communications pins so I'm surprised the app didn't
Several pins on one side is +, several on the other is -. Ones in the middle is communications. That pin would seem to be one of the communications pins so I'm surprised the app didn't present an error.
i think it still getting contact cause I noticed the pin was bent down so I straightened it back up .
that’s a fairly new battery it only has like 12 charges and never have crashed the drone or anything and don’t remember dropping it or anything so really don’t know what happened

Me personally, I would consider that battery damaged. I would not trust it even if it seems ok.. it would always be in the back of my mind while flying. I would not feel comfortable with it mounted..as they say. To each its own....

Me personally, I would consider that battery damaged. I would not trust it even if it seems ok.. it would always be in the back of my mind while flying. I would not feel comfortable with it mounted..as they say. To each its own....
Yes. My thoughts exactly it would be hard to trust it and don’t think it’s worth risking the drone I have 6 batteries so don’t think one less battery is gonna make a whole lot of difference thanks

Yes. My thoughts exactly it would be hard to trust it and don’t think it’s worth risking the drone I have 6 batteries so don’t think one less battery is gonna make a whole lot of difference thanks
Great decision, I'm sure their are other factors you would want to concentrate on than an additional one like..." Is My Drone Going To Fall Out Of The Sky"....

It should be OK. It worked OK and you then straightened it.
I have 4 props on my $1600 drone, one prop has a huge chunk broken off it but it still flies ok... you get my drift?

Not to disrespect your reply but it's not worth it.... but then again a prop is how much and a battery is much more...

The power pins are redundant on each side, so you definitely won't lose power. It should still continue to fly with communication loss during flight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica