DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Brooklyn, NY Police

DodgeP

Reactions
Philadelphia, PA | Princeton, NJ | NYC, NY
What's the deal with Brooklyn? Anyone run into issues with the police in BK? I've got a couple of spots I want to fly tomorrow and I've checked tons of apps and aeronautical maps in reference to the area(s) I'm interested in and none have restrictions except on HiveMapper. HiveMapper has everything in the Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens as NFZ. A TFR exist for the Mets game tomorrow but I'm not in any part of Brooklyn that falls under that umbrella.

Reactions: charles leahy
Thanks Guys..

Generally I take my MP to the Schaefer Landing (The East River Ferry stops here) in South Williamsburg on Kent Ave. I can fly up and down the East River and generally not be bothered by anyone.

Thank you, that link is very helpful. It seems there is still a lot of grey area and laws have yet to be enacted.

I would't be surprised if there is a strong push for all drone operators to become licensed. After all, it can be a deadly machine if used recklessly.

Licensing something doesn’t stop it from being dangerous. Experiences of cars, guns and motorcycles prove this. And there will still be those that don’t care to be licensed who give the licensed a bad rep.

Reactions: The Fat Controller
Check out Kenny Lee's channel. He has covered alot of square feet in Brooklyn, and maybe drop him a note on Youtube. He is also a member here.

KennyLee NYC is his youtube

kenny lee on mavic pilots

ahahaha oh man thats my homeboy ahahahaha good ole Kenny..

i fly in and over prospect park kinda often as i live near there and its where i practice i have not had ANY issue with animal or human.. how ever i have had very very strong signal interference and a few times just straight up LOST the signal and it returned to home but other wise almost all good.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun