DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Brothers Turn Self In For Illegal Drone Flight

dirkclod

Reactions
Considering they turned themselves in, I hope their punishment is less than the entire book getting thrown at them.

Reactions: TiagoDS
Similar to another thread. Hopefully these kids didn't go looking for the accident. If they just came upon the wreck, they should have known to leave the area immediately and return to home. Not an expert on the new rules but I thought flying was not allowed 1/2 hour before sunrise and 1/2 hour after sunset. If that is the case they shouldn't have been there at all. Wonder if they were even w/i VLOS?

Reactions: Racin8de
Just saw this posted in PhantomPilots and dropped it here .
i fly in the desert and around the mountains in the phoenix area and have on occasion had a low flying helicopter show up unexpectedly causing me to quickly fly my drone out of the way,i first drop as low as i can go and bring my bird home,i wouldn’t be surprised to find out that these kids were doing the same and that this is just an overreaction by everyone involved

*** if “people” in the highest ranks of our government can’t be found guilty because “they didn’t understand they were breaking the law” the same should apply here. The FAA AND OUR GOVERNMENT needs to figure out how to educate people. Most likely there will just be more anti drone laws put in place because of this.

Hopefully the test they are making people take will help. Once you take a test or have a certification, you can’t get away with the ignorance defense I guess....

Last edited by a moderator:
We should all be thankful they turned themselves in. They don’t deserve to be punished unless they took the test.

Gord i wonder what yr response would be if u were one of the injured parties or their families, minutes can mean the difference between life and death for accident victims. And what about if u were one of the guys flying the helicopters!!

Did you seriously just post that?
Who me? You betcha I did... How many times have we got to be told not to interfere with anything involving Law Enforcement , how many times do we have to watch the national news reporting about another Drone Incident? Whether they are true or not doesn't matter as the goverment will always win. Flying right where everyone can see you without even attempting to be discreet is just ignorance and we wonder why the FAA is clamping down on our industry.. Hopefully these guys were 1st or 2nd time flyers, but the goal of all of us is to stay of the Radar of Law Enforcement,FAA etc...Thats just the truth whether we like it or not...

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
Just saw this posted in PhantomPilots and dropped it here .

Dirkclod, it’s like you lit a pack of firecrackers and just kept on walking. Turn around and look at everyone popping off. Some very strong and opinionated pilots in here, I like it. I feel one way about it and then I hear another side and if I actually listen I learn quite a bit in here.

Reactions: Slim.slamma
Dirkclod, it’s like you lit a pack of firecrackers and just kept on walking. Turn around and look at everyone popping off. Some very strong and opinionated pilots in here, I like it. I feel one way about it and then I hear another side and if I actually listen I learn quite a bit in here.
Just sharing the love from one forum to the other. :)

Reactions: Slim.slamma
I'm glad the flight for life guys landed, did their job, and THEN voiced their opinions.
I only have one article but it seems that's what they did.

They didn't spaz out and let the minor risk the drones posed stop them doing their jobs,
like a certain Columbine Heli with donuts and time to waste did causing a massive scene.

Reactions: frank candor
Did you seriously just post that?
Hello yeah.. if our own political leaders can claim ignorance as a defense? And YES THEY CAN.. they are.

It’s good they turned themselves in. There punishment should be studying for part 107 and not flying until they pass it!

• Love
Reactions: DoomMeister
Gord i wonder what yr response would be if u were one of the injured parties or their families, minutes can mean the difference between life and death for accident victims. And what about if u were one of the guys flying the helicopters!!
There are many things in our society that threaten our lives and NOTHING is done about it . GUN VIOLENCE... for example.. our society has given up on that and become obsessed with how evil drones are.

There are many things in our society that threaten our lives and NOTHING is done about it . GUN VIOLENCE... for example.. our society has given up on that and become obsessed with how evil drones are.
(Mod Removed Language ) right!

Last edited by a moderator:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada