DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Burnt electric smell from Mavic Pro (compass failure)

Spy808

Reactions
1 1/2 week old mavic drone... Burnt smell eminating from drone while using simulator on dji app... Drone sitting on table, props off, gimble clamp & dome off... Now tried to fly next day and compass error & spun around and crashed... App had all gps satellites & ready to go green sign... Hit slide to take off n it spun around n crashed... While drone is sitting on table out in the open calibrated imu & compass per app and when restarted drone green light flashing i pick up drone and manually turn drone left or right compass error comes up (exit gps mode flashing top left screen) then when it sits at new position on table for a few seconds ready to go lights up again... Burnt compass possible was the smell that happened last night..?

1 1/2 week old mavic drone... Burnt smell eminating from drone while using simulator on dji app... Drone sitting on table, props off, gimble clamp & dome off... Now tried to fly next day and compass error & spun around and crashed... App had all gps satellites & ready to go green sign... Hit slide to take off n it spun around n crashed... While drone is sitting on table out in the open calibrated imu & compass per app and when restarted drone green light flashing i pick up drone and manually turn drone left or right compass error comes up (exit gps mode flashing top left screen) then when it sits at new position on table for a few seconds ready to go lights up again... Burnt compass possible was the smell that happened last night..?
It probably got too hot while you were on the simulator. I'm sure DJI will replace it, or you may be able to take it back where you purchased it. I know it's a real bummer
Good luck
Dave

It probably got too hot while you were on the simulator. I'm sure DJI will replace it, or you may be able to take it back where you purchased it. I know it's a real bummer
Good luck
Dave
Höpë so... Thanks... It just makes me wonder & worried if its gonna happen in the air far away...

Höpë so... Thanks... It just makes me wonder & worried if its gonna happen in the air far away...
Your problem is pretty rare, I have been lurking for a long time and never heard of the issue of the compass frying. I have heard of overheating while just sitting on the ground. I only use the clear cowl for use in the case. Mavic fly here in AZ at 110 degree's. I'm glad I live in the mountains at 5000ft, we rarely hit 100[emoji1]

Haven't heard of this before, but fan failure could cause this issue. Most def I would send it back to dji.

Haven't heard of this before, but fan failure could cause this issue. Most def I would send it back to dji.
Been searching for issues if people had a burnt smell from their drones but found none... Fan was clearly on loud n clear... Simulator was played on for 5-8 mins then the burnt smell...

I still find it quite stupid that the MP has to be powered on for the simulator to work. Why?

Sorry for the troubles, hopefully a warranty issue...

ianc

Reactions: superdave5050
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+