DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Business owners with Mavic as prime tool

Pete69

Reactions
Hello there!

I'm seriously thinking starting my own business. I was wondering if any of you started with only a Mavic or invested to a phantom or even an inspire from day 1. Any feedback would be very appreciated. Thanks.

I fly with all 3 and with the exception of low light I've never heard of anyone being able to tell the photos and videos apart between them. The higher resolution photos from the P4P & I2 are negated when working with multi-shot panoramas anyway.
That said The Inspire looks the business, the Phantom looks like it's just a hobby, the Mavic looks like I'm having too much fun (which I am). If you have to fly in the presence of a client you'll get some funny comments with the Mavic "you're going to fly with the real drone after right?"

Reactions: Ping^Spike
I fly with all 3 and with the exception of low light I've never heard of anyone being able to tell the photos and videos apart between them. The higher resolution photos from the P4P & I2 are negated when working with multi-shot panoramas anyway.
That said The Inspire looks the business, the Phantom looks like it's just a hobby, the Mavic looks like I'm having too much fun (which I am). If you have to fly in the presence of a client you'll get some funny comments with the Mavic "you're going to fly with the real drone after right?"
Thanks for your insight. I thought so too. In your opinion should i go for a P4P or I1 with X5 camera (don't have the budget yet for the I2).

+1, we do jobs with the I2 mostly becasue it looks more "serious" when the client is there. A P4P would nearly always be enough, but since it looks like the definition of "the toy everyone and their neighbour can buy" it just doesn't appear professional.

I used a DSLR octocopter, and a heavy lift quad for years. I now use the Mavic almost exclusively for commercial work, and I've never had a client look twice, since they are mostly just interested in the end product.

To those who criticize the Mavic as "unprofessional" I say this:

Are you trying to impress someone, or get good presentable results for your purpose?

The Mavic camera produces every bid as good, if not better footage, than the Gopro quads and Phantoms, which were both used extensively for commercial work, just prior to its release.

If you are going to do web based work and not trying to do big screen cinematography, or have the need to carry larger sensors, or payloads, why not use the most convenient tool for the job?

The Inspires and commercial DSLR rigs have their place, for now, but at the rate things are progressing in miniaturization, I'm thinking size will actually not be an advantage much longer.

Get your P 107, if you haven't already, take your Mavic, and go for it!

Last edited:
Thanks Robert I think you’re also right. My ambition is not going to Hollywood. Just as you mentioned I will post my work on line. So now I guess I’ll see if the business is growing and if it is just there will I invest in the big guns

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair