DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buy mini from Canada and fly in US

JC_Wang

Reactions
Anyone can share the experience buying in Canada and flying in the US?

Last edited:
Hi JC. Not sure what information you are looking for. I live in Canada, but have taken both my P3s and Mavic Mini to the U.S. a number of times. Have had no issues going through customs or flying in the U.S. (the places I’ve visited) I research the areas I’m going to fly in for rules or restrictions. When in an altitude restricted area, I’ve requested LANNC permission and have always received it.

Anyone can share the experience buying in Canada and flying in the
Anyone can share the experience buying in Canada and flying in the US?
Hey JC,
As far as the drone is concerned, there is no difference. It all depends if it’s a private seller, take all precautions you would normally take when buying from out of country. I would have so say that 99% of the time, it’s a seemless transaction. As a Canadian, I would also feel a little apprehension buying from a private seller anywhere. The majority of people in the US and Canada are straight up good people.
Cheers,

Hey JC,
As far as the drone is concerned, there is no difference. It all depends if it’s a private seller, take all precautions you would normally take when buying from out of country. I would have so say that 99% of the time, it’s a seemless transaction. As a Canadian, I would also feel a little apprehension buying from a private seller anywhere. The majority of people in the US and Canada are straight up good people.
Cheers,

Thank you Rex.

I heard the Canada has 4 transmission channels only on DJI Fly and very limited fly range, even though the Canada version also have FCC. Is it just a rumor on the net?

Thank you Rex.

I heard the Canada has 4 transmission channels only on DJI Fly and very limited fly range, even though the Canada version also have FCC. Is it just a rumor on the net?
Thank you Rex.

I don’t believe that there is a different version of software or firmware. I have never had issues up here but I’m not one of those pilots that needs to try and break distance records. My VLOS is not far enough to worry about signal breakup.
Cheers,

Reactions: JC_Wang
Thank you Rex.

Hey JC,
If you are unsure about a Canadian Mavic mini drone vs American or the software/firmware, go straight to the source of truth; DJI.
Whatever you decide, have a blast soaring through the skies.
Cheers and have a safe Easter Weekend.
Rex

I don’t believe that there is a different version of software or firmware. I have never had issues up here but I’m not one of those pilots that needs to try and break distance records. My VLOS is not far enough to worry about signal breakup.
Cheers,
Dear Rex,

Can the Canada version be activated in the US? I am afraid that the DJI drone buys from Canada can't be activated in the US.

I don’t believe there are two versions for North American. I have only heard of different versions for Europe. I suggest you ask DJI directly.

I agree, I don’t think there is an issue for an American buying a used Mavic mini from someone in Canada. Same hardware, software, and firmware. Even the rules are pretty well the same for under 250 grams.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada