DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buying a Mavic Pro with 10.5 hours of flight time on it. Should I be concerned?

Jamesonc

Reactions
Hey guys,

I'm fairly new to the Mavic Pro community and have flown phantoms for awhile now. I'm looking at purchasing a Used Mavic Pro Drone with roughly 10.5 hours of flight time on it and 128 flights total. Should I be concerned with the wear and tear on it? Or should I have a decent life expectancy left on the motors and unit?

10.5 hours in drone life is like dog years compared to human years. I have 111 flights with 18.3 hours over 6 drones in service, so 1 drone with that much flight time is quite a bit.
Airdata UAV|Drone Safety Verified Badge

My Mavic Pro 1, built in November 2016, has more than 620 flights, 120 hours in air and 1500km total distance according to Airdata.com and is still in best condition, just as new. It is crash-free and still flies with the 3 original batteries out of the Fly More package.
Each battery has about 140 cycles and battery life is at 87%.

So there is no general limit in lifespan, as always it just depends on how well it has been handled by its user.
E.g. I always start and land in my hand to avoid any ground dust coming into the motors and ventilation slits behind the camera.

Hey guys,

I'm fairly new to the Mavic Pro community and have flown phantoms for awhile now. I'm looking at purchasing a Used Mavic Pro Drone with roughly 10.5 hours of flight time on it and 128 flights total. Should I be concerned with the wear and tear on it? Or should I have a decent life expectancy left on the motors and unit?
I have over 1000 flights now on my M2P and no signs of problems other than one battery swelled (out of 6).

Hey guys,

Don't worry about it. IMO it seems relatively new. If it hasn't previously crashed, then consider the electronics "burned in" and very dependable. I have nearly 1000 flights on my MPP, and although any flight can experience a catastrophic failure, I fly it with confidence.

(and someday, I believe these non-encrypted MP and MPP's are going to be highly desirable.);)

Don't worry about it. IMO it seems relatively new. If it hasn't previously crashed, then consider the electronics "burned in" and very dependable. I have nearly 1000 flights on my MPP, and although any flight can experience a catastrophic failure, I fly it with confidence.

(and someday, I believe these non-encrypted MP and MPP's are going to be highly desirable.);)
Sorry to go of topic here, I've recently upgraded from a p3s to a mp, but what is encrypted on the newer mavics?

Sorry to go of topic here, I've recently upgraded from a p3s to a mp, but what is encrypted on the newer mavics?
I figured I’d get this question.

I use the Super Patcher and other hacks to modify the flight characteristics of my MPP. The changes I’ve made in the AC firmware greatly improve my ability to obtain better video shots, and fly safer. Its been a while since I’ve looked at the hacking systems, but the last I knew, the M2P cannot be changed to the degree that I want. Now if I’m wrong about that, then I’m buying an M2P, otherwise I’m holding off.

Last edited:
Reactions: discovery.camel
Hey guys,

Do the hover and yaw test
Obviously check for crash damage
Makes sure it acquires a homepoint, this shows GPS is working
Check for battery swelling and any corrosion on the connectors (battery and AC)
Have a look at the IMU and compass sensors to check if all 4 are online and working (this is in the GJI Go 4 app)
Have a look at the gimbal on start up to see that it is free moving and not restricted in any way

Hey guys,

That doesn’t seem like much at all. I wouldn’t be worried if all the vital signs in Go4 app check out.

I’ve had no issues and frequently fly my MP using 3 batteries at one flight...that’s approx 60 minutes of flight time per session and although I’ve only had my MP since last July, it’s no issue and flies great. Likely I have over 100 hours thus far.

I wouldn’t worry about the 10.5 hours. I would worry a lot about the millisecond when it hit something.

10.5 hours in drone life is like dog years compared to human years. I have 111 flights with 18.3 hours over 6 drones in service, so 1 drone with that much flight time is quite a bit.
Airdata UAV|Drone Safety Verified Badge

I don’t think 10.5 hours is a lot at all. I typically run 2-3 batts each outing. That’s almost an hour each time. Don’t think they would be as popular as they are if after 10 hours of use, there would issues.

Reactions: Tyranttrent2020
I don’t think 10.5 hours is a lot at all. I typically run 2-3 batts each outing. That’s almost an hour each time. Don’t think they would be as popular as they are if after 10 hours of use, there would issues.

I guess it all comes down to have one take care of their drone.

I agree I don't think 10 hours is much at all. The brushless motors are very durable and last a lot longer than a traditional type of electric motor. Not to mention they don't cost much to replace.

Lol 10hrs is nothing, these are brushless motors, they last much longer than 10hrs.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S