DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buying a second hand Mavic Air

LesleyNR

Reactions
Hi guys,

First of all, I’m new on this forum and new to drones. I’m currently looking to buy a second hand Mavic Air.

I’m based in Spain and I’ve found a fly more combo for €660 with a flight time of 28h. Owner bought the drone in a DJI store in Februari 2018 and says that he never had any crashes or problems (what most sellers would say I imagin).

Now I have no clue on what are many hours of flight so I came down here for some help. Is this a good deal or is 28h of flight time quite some time? Here is his flight records.

Thanks!

Attachments

• DA36DF09-78CE-4B51-AEE6-51E422C29D37.jpeg
    DA36DF09-78CE-4B51-AEE6-51E422C29D37.jpeg
    86.9 KB · Views: 53
Hi guys,

First of all, I’m new on this forum and new to drones. I’m currently looking to buy a second hand Mavic Air.

I’m based in Spain and I’ve found a fly more combo for €660 with a flight time of 28h. Owner bought the drone in a DJI store in Februari 2018 and says that he never had any crashes or problems (what most sellers would say I imagin).

Now I have no clue on what are many hours of flight so I came down here for some help. Is this a good deal or is 28h of flight time quite some time? Here is his flight records.

Thanks!

That drone is very old with a lot of flight time on it. I would stay away from that one. You should be able to find something a lot better then that! Good luck!

Reactions: LesleyNR
Certainly not “old” but clearly used. I would ask that you post the price of the same equipment in the U. K. If purchased new to give an informed opinion about the price.

Certainly not “old” but clearly used. I would ask that you post the price of the same equipment in the U. K. If purchased new to give an informed opinion about the price.

For the “Fly More Combo” refurbished through DJI would be €849, brand new €1049.

If it were me and I was trying to save money, I’d go with the refurb through DJI. Especially since it’s your first drone, consider DJICare or some replacement insurance.

Last edited:
I bought a brand new Mavic Air fly more combo from Clas Ohlson for £849 a couple of weeks ago. It even came with an EU plug and a 2 year guarantee.

tobydeals.co.uk has them for £719 at the moment.

I'm sure both of them would ship to Spain.

If you don't feel you need a warranty of the DJI care package I can source you an Asian new sealed MA flymore package for 740 euros. All have to do is go d someone to bring it home in their luggage.... This is not a dodgy import but comes with a DJI registered approved dealer invoice and a full you pay shipping warranty back to China....

For a Mavic Air bought fairly close to launch date 15 months ago, 28 hours doesn’t seem like a ton (mine’s 5 months old and I have about 25). Still, it’s possible there were some minor “unpublished” tweaks by DJI in the year since, and it has certainly been well used, so I’d be concerned about crashes or “hard landings” that might result in some issues down the road. My understanding is those motors last a very long time (someone feel free to correct me) so the time itself isn’t much of a concern.

All of which is to say: I agree with the others. Unless it’s an amazing deal, I’d prefer refurb.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaut