DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buying a used Mavic Pro - have some last minute questions!

billem16

Reactions
I decided to buy a Mavic Pro drone - I'm brand new to drones. I was going to buy new from DJI or Best Buy, but I just found out a co-worker/friend has one and told me he would sell it for a good price. I am curious what questions I should be asking before buying a used drone? I originally didn't want a used one because I'm new to drones and don't know the questions to be asking and just felt more comfortable buying new... but since I know this guy, I feel confident he wouldn't hide anything from me. Nonetheless, I should still be asking SOME questions... such as - have you ever had any crashes? did you buy it brand new? etc... What are other questions I should ask?? I'm guessing I should get a ton of information incase I choose to sell it myself one day and need more info. He also told me he would give me some lessons since he is rather experienced, so that's a nice perk of buying a used drone from someone I know too.

Also, I'm not sure what the "good price" might be... new on DJI's site is $899, so maybe a used drone from a buddy would be $750-$800? We'll see...

If I was only getting a $100 discount then I'd go ahead & buy a new one. Does he have refresh (extended warranty)? If you think you need a warranty since your new to flying then a new one may be the way to go.

That’s a good point. Yeah maybe a used drone that he doesn’t even need to ship should be $650-$700. And yes I’ll ask about warranty that’s a good point. Thanks

You can get an official refurb with full warranty for $660 on eBay from "djiofficialstore" which is Drone Nerds, an authorized dealer.

Personally, I would not buy a complex piece of equipment such as this second hand with no warranty.

I am guessing your friend has more than just the Mavic. See what accessories come with it and price those out. Find out how much flight time are on the batteries. At around $90 US each it would be nice to know how healthy they are.

You can get an official refurb with full warranty for $660 on eBay from "djiofficialstore" which is Drone Nerds, an authorized dealer.

Personally, I would not buy a complex piece of equipment such as this second hand with no warranty.
Thanks for the info! If I buy new from dJI, how long is the warranty?

Warranty info is found here: After-Sales Service Policies - DJI. You can also buy DJI Refresh for a year of coverage (read the details carefully).

I would not buy directly from DJI. They have a record of giving inaccurate ship dates and seem to put the individual purchaser behind their dealers. I do not know where you are located, but I would buy from a DJI authorized dealer with an established return policy. The prices should be the same.

Reactions: microlinux
Warranty info is found here: After-Sales Service Policies - DJI. You can also buy DJI Refresh for a year of coverage (read the details carefully).

I would not buy directly from DJI. They have a record of giving inaccurate ship dates and seem to put the individual purchaser behind their dealers. I do not know where you are located, but I would buy from a DJI authorized dealer with an established return policy. The prices should be the same.
I was considering buying from a Best Buy near me. Their return policy is only 2 weeks though =/

I was considering buying from a Best Buy near me. Their return policy is only 2 weeks though =/
I have heard some discouraging remarks about Best Buy. Look really close at the return policy. Some have return for store credit. This may depend on the individual store. I think they were bit by too many excited owners crashing on the first time out and then returning it. Also look really carefully at the packaging to see if it is really new or someone's return. Also buy with a credit card that will cover you if there is a problem.

In the US B&H (B&H Photo Video Digital Cameras, Photography, Camcorders) and Advexure (Advexure | Aerial Drone & Film Systems | DJI Authorized Dealer) have a 30 day return policy and you may not have to pay sales tax.

I bought a used Mavic pro for $500 with two batteries and a few other goodies... made sense at that price. Much more and I would have gone new...

Reactions: billem16

15 percent restocking fee. Keep that in mind. I bought mine from bestbuy with a 10 percent off coupon they randomly emailed me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54