DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buying crystal sky - charger considerations.

doccy

Reactions
OK - I do want crystal sky, but am pretty annoyed about them not supplying a charge cable (I mean - seriously)?

Anyway - with the mavic charge cable apparently not being compatible what is the best option?

The various phantom and inspire cables are compatible - is there a lot if difference between the 100W/ bigger watts? What would be the best value one to get?

Alternatively - if it can charge via the USB c port as has been confirmed in another thread - how viable would charging be through a phone charger like this? (much cheaper to buy then the DJI cables).

Quick Charge 3.0, USB Type-C & PowerIQ, Anker 24W USB: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Assuming it does work - would it be so incredibly slow as to be annoying?

Currently i can not answer your question direct if that USB charger will work and/or what time it will take to charge via
USB, but as the OSMO charger ist being listed, it may work ...

I received following e-mail from DJI about this topic:

Dear Creator,

Thank you for purchasing a CrystalSky monitor!

We're sending this email to let you know that CrystalSky does not include a battery charger. However, if you've purchased DJI products in the past, it's possible that one of your chargers works with CrystalSky. A list of CrystalSky-compatible chargers is included below. If you don't already own one of these chargers, you will need to purchase one to charge your CrystalSky.

Compatible Chargers:

Inspire 2 Battery Charger (IN2C180)

Inspire 2 Battery Charger (ADE018)

Inspire 2 Car Charger (C6S90-2)

Inspire 1 100W Battery Charger (A14-100P1A)

Inspire 1 180W Battery Charger (ADE018)

Inspire 1 Car Charger (C6S90)

Phantom 4 Series Battery Charger (PH4C100)

Phantom 4 Series 160W Battery Charger (PH4C160)

Phantom 4 Car Charger (C6S90)

Phantom 3 Professional Battery Charger (ADE019)

Phnatom 3 Car Charger (C4S90)

*Phantom 3 57W Battery Charger (A14-057N1A)

*Osmo 57W Battery Charger (A14-057N1A)

*Please do not charge other devices while charging CrystalSky.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at [email protected].

Best regards,
DJI

Yeah I have seen the list - that is the main question. If I have to buy one of these over priced chargers... what gives the best bang for the buck?

Yeah I have seen the list - that is the main question. If I have to buy one of these over priced chargers... what gives the best bang for the buck?

Hard to say, only comparing prices, the Amazon charger you linked in the OP cost approx. EUR 21,--
the Osmo charger EUR 39,-- (and you have a guarantee, that this will work)

But if i am going to pay that much I would be as well springing for a bit more and buying something with at least 100W?

do you want that the batteries charge faster with the 100 W charger?

edit: cyberpower was faster.

Hello,
I have purchased the 5 in. monitor. It appears that it comes with a holder for two batteries. I have several chargers that can charge li-poly batteries etc and are fully adjustable. Is there any reason one of these chargers with the correct connector would work?
Thank You

OK - I do want crystal sky, but am pretty annoyed about them not supplying a charge cable (I mean - seriously)?

Anyway - with the mavic charge cable apparently not being compatible what is the best option?

The various phantom and inspire cables are compatible - is there a lot if difference between the 100W/ bigger watts? What would be the best value one to get?

Alternatively - if it can charge via the USB c port as has been confirmed in another thread - how viable would charging be through a phone charger like this? (much cheaper to buy then the DJI cables).

Quick Charge 3.0, USB Type-C & PowerIQ, Anker 24W USB: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Assuming it does work - would it be so incredibly slow as to be annoying?

With the Apple 12W USB Power Adapter - Apple and a USB-C USB-A cable, it's works ??

or perhaps this is better ? [Garantie à Vie] RAVPower Quick Charge 3.0 30W Chargeur Secteur USB 2-Port USB Adaptateur Secteur USB Mural avec QC 3.0 Recharge Jusqu'à 4x Plus Rapide: Amazon.fr: High-tech

Last edited:
I'm in the process of buying the 7.8" CrystalSky and just read that it does not come with a power supply/charger. WTF...I find it hard to believe that a $500+ device doesn't include a cheap $7 power source.

Reactions: HydroneMantis
I'm in the process of buying the 7.8" CrystalSky and just read that it does not come with a power supply/charger. WTF...I find it hard to believe that a $500+ device doesn't include a cheap $7 power source.

Im with you buddy - but I see you have an inspire 2 so you should be ok as that charger will work.

$7 to DJI - but they are charging $50 for their crappy old model chargers that I am being forced into buying.... really is a scam.

Yes my I2 charger will work, but after a long day of flying all of my toys I like to charge everything at the same time then pack it all up for the next outing.

Im with you buddy - but I see you have an inspire 2 so you should be ok as that charger will work.

$7 to DJI - but they are charging $50 for their crappy old model chargers that I am being forced into buying.... really is a scam.

It really is pathetic. I went with a 3rd party charger to save money and to not give DJI that extra nickel and dime they wanted out of me. Amazon had it shipped overnight and arriving at the same time as my CS for half the price of DJI including shipping.

AMAZON
5.0 out of 5 stars 4 Reviews
Coming Data DC 17.5V DJI Phantom 3 / 4 Drone Quadcopter Fast Lithium Battery Charger

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair