DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buying from eBay 'authorised sellers'?

Londroner

Reactions
I'll well aware of the advice about not buying a Mavic Pro from eBay but I've noticed some sellers claim to be a 'DJI Authorised Seller'. Is it any safer to buy from them?

You can buy from them but DJI will not honor warranty claim unless you ask the ebay seller for the original/copy of the purchased/invoice receipt. JMHO!

Reactions: Londroner
I bought mine off of an eBay seller. It was last December and after hearing all the stories about back orders and DJI having production problems, I did the ol' spoiled child " I want it and I want it NOW! ".

It was new in box and never activated thru DJI so once I got it I registered it. I wasn't too worried about a warranty because I got it insured thru SF. I hadda pay a premium but I had it before a lot of people that ordered way back in sept/oct.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wersh
You can buy from them but DJI will not honor warranty claim unless you ask the ebay seller for the original/copy of the purchased/invoice receipt. JMHO!
I know this is an issue for people in the US. I've never seen DJI mention this for the UK though.

I'll well aware of the advice about not buying a Mavic Pro from eBay
There are authorized DJI dealers selling DJI products on eBay. If the seller really is an authorized DJI dealer and the price is right, then it sounds like a win-win situation.

I bought mine from an eBay authorized seller back in April with no issues, with the seller or the aircraft. I wasn't too worried about it since PayPal has the buyer protection and I also have mine insured through State Farm.

Any reason you'd not buy from somewhere that handles returns easily mate?

Argos, Amazon, etc?

Don't forget Quidco too ;)

I bought mine from an eBay authorized seller back in April with no issues, with the seller or the aircraft. I wasn't too worried about it since PayPal has the buyer protection and I also have mine insured through State Farm.

hi i am very new to drones....
can you please tell me that is it safe to buy from ebay? Coz in DJI website DJI Mavic Pro Fly More Combo is $1299 and in ebay also they are selling it for $1299. How come they are selling it for the same price arent they add markup and sell the item for more rather than selling it same price as DJI? so what are they benefiting from selling this? Please help this will be my very first drone.
I am a resident of Botswana in Africa so DJI Doesnt deliver besides in South Africa the authorised DJI resellers are almost $600 expensive than the DJI Website.
Please help......

can you please tell me that is it safe to buy from ebay? Coz in DJI website DJI Mavic Pro Fly More Combo is $1299 and in ebay also they are selling it for $1299. How come they are selling it for the same price arent they add markup and sell the item for more rather than selling it same price as DJI? so what are they benefiting from selling this? Please help this will be my very first drone.
I am a resident of Botswana in Africa so DJI Doesnt deliver besides in South Africa the authorised DJI resellers are almost $600 expensive than the DJI Website.
Please help......

Please help......
Im sure the $1299 price already includes their mark up. It does not cost DJI that much to produce these products otherwise they would not be making any money as profit. The same can be said for the eBay sellers. They buy in bulk and therefore are able to pay a less expensive per unit price for them. But if they charge more than the actual DJI company then who would buy from them. $1299 selling price is making them both money.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian