DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buying from the states

Iwf

Reactions
Im just about to take a trip stateside for business.

Can anyone advise on the implications of buying a Mav 2 while out there.

I’m UK based

Reactions: Hauptmann
Order from Amazon, and have it shipped to a US address. You can shop for the best price, you'll get FAST delivery, no sales (VAT) tax, no customs, no hassle. Just make sure your Mavic looks used before you return to the UK.

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
Can anyone advise on the implications of buying a Mav 2 while out there
The only downside is that you'll need to ship it back to the US if you ever want to use your DJI warranty.

Reactions: Thomas B
Would that be the same for the care package, only claimable from a us address?

No. DJI Care can be used in whichever country it's purchased.

Reactions: Thomas B
So i could bring it back it here and order the refresh from here?

I thought that was the case, but the DJI Care Refresh FAQ currently states the following:

"DJI Care Refresh only works within one coverage region. DJI Care Refresh and the corresponding product must be purchased from the same country or region."

You could reach out to DJI Support to see if there is a way to work around that.

You really have to buy it when you purchase the drone. You can get it afterward but have to jump through hoops and create a video showing the drone is in near new, perfect condition .

Buy it in the country you live in. I had a friend who just went through this bought drone in Thailand crashed in Vegas sent back and they said had to be in Thailand to repair.

In the end I did buy in the U.K. It arrives Monday.

Six months old ‘mint’ condition Uk stock. Can I add the refresh care to a 2nd hand drone ?

Can I add the refresh care to a 2nd hand drone ?
You can buy DJI Care Refresh from DJI here if the original owner didn't buy it. You'll need to submit proof that all is in working order before DJI will allow you to buy it. See more details about that requirement here.

It expires after one year. See more details here:

Reactions: Phill
It expires after one year. See more details here:

Thenks for that

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka