DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buying insurance outside DJI?

Jhun80

Reactions
I’m buying a new Mavic 3 from a person which was bought from Amazon(new/sealed, with receipt), can I purchase a warranty from somewhere else? DJI Care refresh is $239 for a year. Are there any more alternatives? I have GEICO car insurance, wonder if i can add my drone there. I have mini 3, can i combine these 2 for warranty?

thanks

you can insure anything you like if you are prepared to foot the bill ,but i presume you are talking about covering the loss of you drone ,as opposed to third party liability cover or maybe both
this sort of cover can be quite expensive ,depending on the value of the property being insured and the country you are in

Reactions: Jhun80
you can insure anything you like if you are prepared to foot the bill ,but i presume you are talking about covering the loss of you drone ,as opposed to third party liability cover or maybe both
this sort of cover can be quite expensive ,depending on the value of the property being insured and the country you are in

Yes, like an alternative for dji care refresh maybe? From US.

Reactions: old man mavic
I have a State Farm policy for personal items. All I added was my drones. $65 a year. Full replacement for loss or theft or repair. I got DJI Care before the State Farm but have been told by folks that if you have to use the State Farm they may well drop you. If I loose a drone I'll use the State Farm first... :)

I have a State Farm policy for personal items. All I added was my drones. $65 a year. Full replacement for loss or theft or repair. I got DJI Care before the State Farm but have been told by folks that if you have to use the State Farm they may well drop you. If I loose a drone I'll use the State Farm first... :)
Were you using State Farm for your car insurance prior to the drone? I use Geico but they dont have personal item insurance

Were you using State Farm for your car insurance prior to the drone? I use Geico but they dont have personal item insurance
Yes we have State Farm for the house and cars and such. I don't know if you can get the drone insurance without that. No clue

I’m buying a new Mavic 3 from a person which was bought from Amazon(new/sealed, with receipt), can I purchase a warranty from somewhere else? DJI Care refresh is $239 for a year. Are there any more alternatives? I have GEICO car insurance, wonder if i can add my drone there. I have mini 3, can i combine these 2 for warranty?

thanks
State Farm is a bargain.They paid me for a lost at sea drone and didn't cancel me.It's "all risk" insurance and if State Farm writes in your state it's available even if you're not a current customer.Like was said above,not all agents are familiar with the drone coverage so call more than one.

State Farm is a bargain.They paid me for a lost at sea drone and didn't cancel me.It's "all risk" insurance and if State Farm writes in your state it's available even if you're not a current customer.Like was said above,not all agents are familiar with the drone coverage so call more than one.
Can you include more than 1 drone, and does it have to be brand new? I got to call them tomorrow.

Keep in mind, unless they changed recently, they only cover for Hobby Drones. If your commercial, they don't. And they further stated that even if you were flying on a hobby mission, if that drone is or ever was used in a commercial capacity, they will not cover it.

Keep in mind, unless they changed recently, they only cover for Hobby Drones. If your commercial, they don't. And they further stated that even if you were flying on a hobby mission, if that drone is or ever was used in a commercial capacity, they will not cover it.
Sadly, this is consistent with what I found when I checked out the State Farm option.

thanks
Ama is where I have my insurance from

Can you include more than 1 drone, and does it have to be brand new? I got to call them tomorrow.
Yes,I have2 drones covered and all accessories.The approximate $70 premium covers up to $6000 I believe.My agent said only drone specific items can come under this.Other agents may have other interpretations.I have land camera equipment covered under a separate policy from a different insurance company.Both policies are a premium of about $1.30/$100 coverage.I don't believe it has to be brand new so they will likely pay you the price of a used one but they basically owe you what you lost.The agent needed a facetime call with me to show the drone and serial numbers.

thanks
Yes liability threw American modelers association

I just got an insurance from State Farm. I have to call 2 different agents, the first one was kinda rude and a little ignorant when I inquire about drone policy, then the second agent knows about it and I got the insurance for my M3. With 0 deductible fee, for $60/year! This includes crashes, bird accidents (literally), theft etc.

Thanks alot for the information guys, very helpful forum!

Good feedback. I've used DJI Care due to a bird taking my drone out, it was total destruction. DJI's service was quick! Had my replacement within 6 days! Just curious, have you had to use State Farm for any of your drones for either fly away or crash yet? (hopefully never) but I to am in the market as I have two other drones that the DJI Care plans run out in a week. I can't go with out insurance as I fly a lot, and have had some doozies. Just thought I'd ask!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji